Chapter 19: Charms and Learning Repairo... Again?

Charms Class was a bit closer to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, than the Great Hall was to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. We started down the hall and turned left at a corridor.

"You all sure do like suits of armor." I state, as this corridor is also lined with armor. I walked past them, cautiously, as I didn't know if these would suddenly wake up and start fighting like the ones in the corridor next to the Great Hall.

"I'm sure those have been here long before I even dreamed of coming to Hogwarts. Long before I was born even- but some of them sure do make terrific dueling partners." Sebastian stated, leading ahead of me and Ominis. We then walked up around four flights of stairs, before coming to the classroom. By the top, I was out of breath, as the duel in Defense Against the Dark Arts seemingly seeped most of my energy away. I entered the classroom first, followed by Sebastian and Ominis. This classroom was set up a bit differently than the last. A long winding staircase was directly in front of the door, leading upwards, and I saw a green board full of writing and they were both surrounded by stacks and stacks of books. Small partitions housed either side of the walk way, but they were so small and fence-like that I could see all of the desks. The desks lined each side of the class, facing each other. The teacher's desk was at the far end, as was also surrounded by books and books. I saw a glance of Poppy as well on the other side of the classroom. As soon as I took in this new classroom, someone immediately called out to me from the right side of the classroom. She was wearing red-lined robes, as the redhead duelist was, and she had super curly, short black hair.

"Here- behind you! There's an open seat here!" She called, rather excitedly. Ominis and Sebastian had went to sit on the other side of the classroom together, and I looked around to notice that the seat next to this girl was truly the only seat left.

"Thank you!" I responded to the girl, as I made my way up the short stairs and to the seat next to her.

"Hello! I am Natty. So you are the new student? Have you met Professor Ronen yet?" Her voice was like none I'd ever heard before. Her accent was a bit different than I was accustomed to. Before I could respond, a voice boomed from the top of the staircase towards the door.

"Ahem. Shall we begin?" He said, as he started down the staircase. His robes were rather beautiful, with purple fabric and gold lining the seams. Gold buttons also graced the front of his garb that trailed down the front of his shirt. He had a purple and gold cap that matched. I also noticed a gray beard, that looked super disheveled but fluffy at the same time.

"Welcome to your fifth year of Charms! Now, this will be a crucial year in your education on the art of Charmwork, but I am confident that we will take hold with the passion and rigour requisite of such a challenge." As he reached the bottom of the steps, he was swinging his arms forward with such enthusiasm that I'd never seen before. He was nearly even dancing as he walked.

"Right, now everyone- open your textbooks to page five one seven." He then walked up towards his desk, and turned to face the whole class.

"But, before we begin, can anyone here tell me the difference between the incantations of the Colour Change and Growth Charm?" After he asked this question, everyone turned and looked at each other, staring blankly.

"Anyone? Anyone? Hmm?" He asked enthusiastically. Natty then slowly pushed her textbook towards me, beckoning me to look inside. That's when I realized that I had left the field guide Professor Weasley gave me in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom somehow. I panic on the inside for a mere moment, before calming myself, and slowly opening her book and peering inside. Before I could read even one word, Professor Ronen stared daggers in our direction before speaking.