Chapter 22 - Just Give Me A Reason

Just give me a reason, just a little bit's enough
Just a second we're not broken just bent, and we can learn to love again
It's in the stars, it's been written in the scars on our hearts
We're not broken just bent, and we can learn to love again

Just Give Me A Reason - Pink

---

La Venta Dr, Poway, California - July 13th 2023 - 3 pm

Time seemed to stop as she gazed at him. Nothing and no one seemed to matter but him. The man whom she had never stopped loving since the first time she laid eyes on him 22 years ago. She should have known, she should have guessed. He really was the one for her. He really was the love of her life. He really did love her and him being there proved that.

She forgot that there were a lot of people around them. She put her cellphone in her pocket and immediately ran to him. He stood up after setting Starlene down gently on the grass. He smiled at her and opened his arms wide for her.

She jumped into his arms like a caught fish that was out of the water and somehow found its way back into the water. He was her life, he was her oxygen, and she didn't know how she could've lived without him for all this time.

Her arms looped around his neck and both her legs wrapped around his waist as she buried her face on the crook of his neck. He had his arms around her waist, his nose buried in her hair as they savored the moment of finally being together again.

"You're here.. you're here.. you're really here." she said into his ear, her nose inhaling his signature scent and the usual cologne he wore. Oh how much she missed that about him.

"I'm here.. I'm really here.. sweetheart." He replied gently.

Tears started to pool in her eyes as she leaned back and stared at his smiling face.

"But I thought you had a re-shoot today?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh it's a long story. I'll tell you later." He smiled.

She smiled back and for a moment everything seemed perfect. He leaned closer to her, glancing at her lips, then with a swift movement he captured her lips in his, making her lose her breath.

Home, she was finally home. She would never trade it for anything else. They kissed each other deeply, passionately and for a moment she just let herself drown in him.

"Ahem.." a deep male voice cleared his throat.

They stopped kissing immediately and she jumped down from his arms only to find Anthony Mackie, standing next to them, carrying Starlene in his arms and staring at her with a twinkle in his eyes.

"You two need to get a room." He snickered.

"Oh Anthony, shut it." Sebastian said, laughing.

"Anthony, how are you?" She asked, her face reddened as she gave Anthony a hug.

"Much better now that we're here. I'm getting sick of hearing him moping about how you don't love him anymore." He chuckled.

"Anthony!" Sebastian scolded him.

She laughed as she heard Anthony.

"Oh but it's true, honey. I was going insane not knowing if you still loved me or not." Sebastian said, pouting at her while his hand snaked around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"Oh Seb. Well, now that you're here I can confidently say that.." she started to say but she stopped as she looked at the figures walking towards them right behind where Anthony was standing.