Chapter 1 - Rainbow

But oh, can't you see

That no matter what happens
Life goes on and on
And so baby, just smile
'Cause I'm always around you
And I'll make you see how beautiful
Life is for you and me

Take a little time baby
See the butterflies' colors
Listen to the birds that were sent
To sing for me and you
Can you feel me?
This is such a wonderful place to be
Even if there is pain now
Everything would be all right
For as long as the world still turns
There will be night and day
Can you hear me?
There's a rainbow always after the rain

Life's full of challenges
Not all the time we get what we want
But don't despair my dear
(coz I know now)

You'll take each trial and you'll make it through the storm
'Cause you're strong, my faith in you is clear
So I'll say once again this world's wonderful
And let us celebrate life that's so beautiful, so beautiful

Take a little time baby
See the butterflies' colors
Listen to the birds that were sent
To sing for me and you
Can you feel me?
This is such a wonderful place to be
Even if there is pain now
Everything would be all right
For as long as the world still turns
There will be night and day
Can you hear me?
There's a rainbow always after the rain

Rainbow - South Border

-----

Pleasantdale Chateau, West Orange, New Jersey - May 6th 2023 - 1 pm

It was a fine Saturday afternoon at Pleasantdale Chateau. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, butterflies flew all over the beautiful gardens at the chateau. Nestled on a 40 acres of land among lush trees, sparkling ponds and rolling meadows was a magnificent estate that seemed to come straight out of fairy tales. Anyone who visited the chateau would feel like they were transported to a charming village in France. It was hard to believe that the magical place was located only 20 miles out of Manhattan.

Despite the peaceful and tranquil atmosphere, the chateau was bustling with people going to and fro. The air was filled with a slight erratic energy as everyone was busy preparing for the event that was going to be held that afternoon. Madeline Rowles had been in charge as head wedding planner for wedding events at the chateau for ten years, but she had never felt as nervous and anxious about managing a wedding until that day.

Their client for that day was a high profile Hollywood actor who had unlimited budget. Not that he specifically asked for anything too lavish. His fiancee was surprisingly a down-to-earth woman who loved simplicity and seemed to even hate anything too luxurious. It was not the couple themselves that made her nervous but it was their guests who made her feel so anxious that day.

The Hollywood actor was a Marvel actor who had been playing one of the most loved characters in the MCU for more than ten years. Aside from high profile Marvel actors such as Robert Downey Jr and Chris Hemsworth, he also had impressive colleagues outside of Marvel such as the likes of Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore and Jessica Chastain. All of whom were expected to attend that day. Madeline felt grateful that the owner of the estate had a private helipad which could be used by these high profile celebrities to get in and out of the estate quickly. It was one of the facilities they were most proud of, and one of the reasons it seemed that the couple chose the estate for their wedding.

Madeline consulted her checklist for that day and after making sure that all the staff were working on schedule to prepare the area for the ceremony that day, she turned around and headed back toward the chateau. The ceremony was going to be held outdoors in front of one of the ponds on the charming meadow right outside of the chateau. The staff were lining up white wooden chairs, rolling down the white carpet on the aisle and decorating the wooden pergola at the end of the aisle with flowers and vines. Her next item on the list was making sure the grand ballroom where the reception was going to be held was being decorated on schedule. Then it was off to the kitchen to check on the progress of the chefs in preparing all the food for the 350 guests that day.