Chapter Two: Enter Everest

A few days had passed since the 'Storm Incident' as Marshall, Rocky, Zuma, and Ryder began referring to it as. Things were calm, and after the incident, things seemed to go back to normal. Something had changed since then, though. Marshall and Rocky's relationship had improved.

While Rocky and Marshall weren't as close as Rocky was with Zuma, or as close as Marshall was with Chase, their relationship was certainly better than it was before they had gone onto the Sea Patroller.

One of the pups, Rocky, was at the top of the lookout. He was looking up at the large flat screen usually used to display information about a mission while Ryder debriefed the team on the details of it. The eco pup was watching the news. Not the news of Adventure Bay, but the news of Adventure City. After their mission in Adventure City, the mixed breed occasionally took some time aside to catch up on what was happening in the bustling location. It was the team's second official location, after all.

Meanwhile, the other pups were eating their breakfasts in the same room. The pups loved eating at the top of the lookout. It was one of the biggest areas, and the view was amazing.

Walking over to Rocky was Chase, who had been the first to finish his breakfast, "You've hardly eaten your breakfast, Rocky."

"Huh?" The mixed breed took his eyes off of the TV to look down. Sitting in front of his paws was a green bowl filled nearly to the brim with his uneaten food, "Oh, I guess I got a little too wrapped up in what I was watching..."

"This is why Ryder doesn't usually let us watch TV while we eat..." The German Shepherd pup commented as he watched Rocky lean down to eat his food, "Why are you even watching the news?"

After taking a few bites, the eco pup sat back up straight to answer his question, "Just catching up on Adventure City. I can't help but to be concerned about it, especially after what happened with Humdinger."

"I still can't believe Humdinger is walking free after all that he did!" Marshall exclaimed, joining the conversation, "Didn't you bust him for dognapping, gross negligence, and all that other stuff?" He turned to Chase, who nodded.

"I guess it is kind of strange how he started showing up in Adventure Bay not too long after we got back..." Skye walked over to the small group.

Rocky turned to her, "A little strange? It's like he never went to jail at all."

"But without Humdinger, a good amount of the rescues we've been on would've never happened, right?" Rubble asked confusedly, wanting to put his two cents into the conversation.

Skye looked at the younger pup, "I'm not exactly sure that him causing problems is a good thing."

"That's just how Humdinger is. He causes problems, and he won't change..." Rocky looked down at his food, "Sometimes he does some really bad things, like that time he drilled into the ground under City Hall and almost caused it to sink into the ground..."

"Oh! The Ultimate Rescue!" Zuma joined in, "It was pretty awesome how you came up with that plan so quickly. I wasn't sure what to do. Building is not my thing."

"I still question the structural integrity of doing such a thing..." Rocky looked away for a moment, "But it wasn't like we had much of a choice."

"You know, what Mayor Humdinger said got me to think..." Rubble spoke up once more.

Zuma interjected, holding back a snicker, "You thought about something other than digging and food, dude?"

This earned a laugh from the six before Rubble continued, "He wanted those bones so bad... I bet they were worth about a kajillion dollars!"