"I can't fucking believe Ev's getting married." Ria says, almost grinning, "That's one plot twist."

"The slut's the first to marry." I giggle, "You brought him to his knees hard, Vy."

"He's impatient and impulsive and he wants to knock me up as soon as possible." She rebuts, "He's crazy. God, I'm so excited to marry him. It just..."

"Makes sense." Me and Ria say at the same time.

"Yeah." She whispers softly.

"Of us all, you both deserve it the most." Ria says.

Violet and Everest were never shown family in the way they should've been. Never shown safety. Or unconditional love. It made for a love so strong; best friends feels like an understatement. But it's what they are. As if they've been together forever.

And then they were ripped away from each other and none of us knew pain like we had in the five months she was gone. Everest had basically left for as long as she did. He vanished. A shell of himself. I don't think I'll ever see him as empty and distant like that again.

Now that they're marrying each other, they won't be without the other ever again. The start of the new family and love they'd always waited for. And god, they deserve a new, fresh start.

I squeal, can't help it, "One of us is getting married!"

Ria winces at my volume, Violet just chuckles and I don't care, bouncing in my spot a little. I'm already bursting inside for all the parties and festivities and fun. They've started to plan already since they intend for a summer wedding this year.

"I still vouch for a beach wedding."

They groan at the same time.

"Oh, come on." I throw my hands up, "It'd be beautiful."

Violet sighs, "It can't be a small wedding, whether I want it to be or not. It'll be an event. It has to be, Sage says, and he knows best."

"Because you're an Amory?" I ask.

Violet fidgets with the hem of her skirt, "The high society families are all expected to wed and to make it extravagant. It's not even an argument. I mean, I'm okay with it, but I think I might die from the pressure."

"We've got your back, ballerina." I grin, "No matter how extravagant and formal, we'll make it fun."

Ria smiles, a little excited mischief behind her olive eyes. We love fun. Especially in places we shouldn't find fun and Violet's more our girl than she is high society's. We get a right to have some fun on her big day.

It's still crazy. Two of us are getting married.

I mean, I kinda expected it. None of these guys fall in love in the casual, easy way. It's everything or nothing.

Violet snorts, "With you guys, it's bound to be fun."

I smile, about to agree as the door slams open. I can hear their raucousness before I even see them and then they all come strolling in. They were all out for their different practices; Ev at soccer, Luca at his boxing gym and Miguel at basketball. It's routine for them all to return home at around the same time once they're finished, Luca picking them up. 

Everest walks in first, dropping his duffel bag and dressed in his black soccer kit. Violet hasn't even turned her head and she yelps when she's swiftly lifted off the floor and into his arms.

Everest smiles, very teasingly, against her lips and then looks down, "Shit, you're wearing the skirt that gives me a hard on, babe. What is this torture?"