Chapter 1

Zoya's POV

Running through the halls of my university, I could feel the sweat sliding down my back as I frantically checked my schedule for my first lecture. It was such a typical me move to oversleep on my very first day.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I muttered under my breath as I stumbled over my own feet, a stack of books tumbling from my grasp. I quickly snatched them up and carried on running, hoping against hope that I would make it on time.

Finally, I saw the sign for Lecture Room 301 and burst through the door without even bothering to knock. The room fell silent and every eye was on me as I stumbled awkwardly to find a seat.

The man at the front of the room, who I assumed was my professor, fixed me with a tight-lipped glare as if I had just interrupted his father's funeral dressed in a wedding gown.

I gave a nervous chuckle as I raised my hand in apology, trying to make myself as small as possible. It felt like every student was staring at me until the professor finally decided to speak.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," he began, his eyes flickering towards me. "My name is Professor Gary and I will be your Photography lecturer for the semester."

I sunk further down into my chair, my face burning with embarrassment at my clumsy arrival.

"Wow, what an entrance! That was embarrassing even for a lesbian," I heard a whisper beside me, and I turned to see a guy with black hair and deep blue eyes flashing a Hollywood smile at me.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrows, surprised by his boldness. "Who told you I'm a lesbian?"

"Oh, girl, please," he rolled his eyes. "Rainbow shoelaces? Flannel shirt? And don't even get me started on your nails."

""You picked all of that up in 10 seconds? Let me guess, gay?" I chuckled, trying to ease the tension.

"Sebastian, actually," he replied, offering his hand for me to shake. "And from now on, your best friend."

"Great, step one is done. I already have some company," I said as I shook his hand and gave him a thumbs-up.

We both turned our attention to the professor as he continued talking about the fundamental elements of photography. I took a deep breath of relief.

Today could have gone way worse. It had always been my dream to get a drama degree, and even if I wasn't exactly interested in photography, it was a basic course I needed to finish in my first year of university.

Ever since I was a kid, I had a passion for acting. I went to several auditions and managed to do small roles in a few TV commercials, but nothing close to what I wanted to do or who I aspired to be.

The lecture concluded earlier than expected, being only introductory. With some free time on our hands, Sebastian and I decided to grab a coffee together and get to know each other better.

"So, what are you planning to major in?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"I want to be a director, just like my brother. He's my hero," Sebastian replied, his tone imbued with pride.

"Who's your brother?" I asked.

"You must know him, he's a famous director- Ezra Gael," Sebastian said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Seriously? You're kidding me!" I exclaimed. Ezra Gael was a well-known name in the industry, and the idea that Sebastian was his brother was blowing my mind.

Sebastian chuckled. "So you know him, that's good."

"Of course, I know him! He works with Olivia Lopez. She's been my celebrity crush since I was 12," I exclaimed, remembering the beautiful actress that captured hearts everywhere.

"He does. I've met her several times on set," Sebastian said, chuckling.

"Shut up! You're so lucky! Tell me what she's like," I jumped up and down in excitement, eager to hear about her.

"Well, she really is amazing. She's so humble, down-to-earth, and a great person to talk to," Sebastian said, and I felt my heart skip a beat with excitement. This day was getting even better.

"I actually want to major in drama just to have the chance to meet her one day," I said, leaning against the wall as I took another sip of my coffee.

"Oh, so you want to act? Have you started pursuing acting yet or are you waiting to finish college?" Sebastian asked, suddenly becoming more serious.

"I've done a couple of supporting roles here and there, but definitely nothing that would get me to breathe the same air as Olivia does," I chuckled, feeling a bit embarrassed by the roles I had taken so far.

"So, do you have an agency that you work with or are you just trying your luck?" Sebastian asked.

"I do have an agency, but they don't give me a lot of roles. The only roles they give me are the same - just for my looks, nothing that challenges my acting skills. I can't really afford to say no, but I feel like now I am just stuck with advertisements," I explained, hoping he would understand how I felt.

"I totally get that. You do have a very innocent and beautiful look about you," Sebastian chuckled, and I couldn't help but feel a little flattered.

"Tell you what," Sebastian said, a glint in his eyes. "Ezra is actually holding auditions for a new TV show they're filming. I don't know much about it, but I can let you know when the auditions are, and your agency can try to get you a role."

I was so surprised that I almost dropped my coffee. "Seriously?" I exclaimed in excitement.

Sebastian laughed. "Yes, but your agency needs to get you in. It's very competitive in his company," he said apologetically.

"That's more than enough. Thank you so much!" I squealed and gave him a hug.

"Do you think I might run into Olivia?" I said, chuckling nervously.

"I don't think they're working together now, but who knows?" Sebastian said, tapping his chin.

"Shut up! I was only joking. Now I'm getting nervous," I said, feeling anxious.

"Just focus on getting the audition first, and then you can worry about bumping into your celebrity crush by chance," Sebastian said, rolling his eyes sarcastically.

"Right, you're absolutely right. Who knows what could happen?" I said, smiling,  wondering what the future holds for me.