"No," you said, wiping it off as you opened your eyes and looked at him. "Let's finish taking a bath."

"Let me wash you up, then."

Because that was really the least he could do.

And afterwards, you and Hawks headed outside and to the dining hall. The living room is already dimly lit and you look at the digital clock to check what time it is.

You were asleep for quite a while throughout the afternoon so you don't feel sleepy now even if it's already half past ten and quite a lot late for dinner so you decided to have salad instead, which Hawks made for you.

"So I'm guessing the kids are already fast asleep," you said, sitting down as you started eating your late night dinner while Hawks sat beside you on the stool.

"Yeah, they went to bed earlier than expected."

"Really?" you asked as you continued eating before you took a chicken on the salad and offered it to Hawks as he held your hand that was holding the fork before he ate the chicken.

"I guess they had lots of fun during their first day of school. They practically passed out after dinner."

"I'm glad they had fun," you said before you stopped and slowly looked at Hawks. "But if you didn't tire me out, I could have had dinner with them."

Hawks chuckled a bit apologetically as he scooted closer to you. "I'm really sorry, Y/n. I promise, next time I will not go overboard."

You didn't say anything, you just started eating again, his words echoing in your head. Next time, you thought. You can feel the tip of your ears heating up from what Hawks said, fortunately your hair is covering your ears.

You finished your dinner and you and Hawks decided to go back to bed, but it wasn't until around two in the morning when you finally fell asleep.

Even so, you woke up five hours later. When you stirred from your sleep and as you opened your eyes, Hawks was still fast asleep.

You decided to get up early as you headed to the bathroom to freshen up. Staring at yourself in the mirror, you noticed the marks Hawks left on you last night. Some were already fading but there was that one mark on the crook of your neck.

You let out a sigh and took out something that could cover it. You headed outside and took a pair of new clothes and wore them before walking downstairs.

You tied your hair up and took an apron before you leaned back on the kitchen island, browsing your notes from the twins' former nanny to look for what kind of breakfast you can make them.

"Something I can make," you muttered before you stopped. "Pancakes and waffles? Doesn't sound so bad."

You can make those, you thought to yourself as you took out all the necessary ingredients and started to make breakfast.

You even put in wireless earbuds as you blasted off some music while you were busy making pancakes and waffles that you failed to hear the footsteps approaching you until you were suddenly cornered between Hawks' frame and the kitchen counter as he put his arms on the edge of the counter.

"Good morning," he said before he noticed the earbuds so he took them out before he leaned closer to your ear. "I said, good morning."

You felt his breath tickle your ear as your shoulders became stiff before ultimately relaxing.