flying

Trigger warning, mentions of suicide ect ect

And then, before I knew it, my feet were no longer on the ledge. I actually did it, I jumped. It was everything I imagined it to be, I felt nothing, but the view... it was absolutely stunning, the best thing in this world, is the way the stars shine in the night sky.

I could feel my time running out, I was almost halfway down, when my recent life flashed before my eyes, I pictured all the laughs with the league, the horrid fights we got into with heros and then...him. holy shit...I forgot about hawks...I've completely abandoned him....

Then I realized why I jumped, I was to caught up on my own issues than the best thing that's happend to me. That funny feeling came back once again, the same feeling that I felt when hawks was tied up to the pole....I knew him back then...

It was fall, cool and breezing as all of the Golden leaves began to blow off the trees.

"Where am I again? What am I doing here?"

"That's right...I'm at the park"

Whenever I was fed up with my father's training I would run off here, usually no kids ever came around here, I had the place to myself. That was until one day, a black SUV rolled up. I frantically hid behind a nearby tree as a young boy who was roughly my age slipped out of the car.

Golden hair.

Golden eyes.

And bright red wings.

That's how I knew him, we became friends at that little park...

"Promise to be friends forever?" He had said to Me, his eyes filled with so much light sparkled in the sunlight.

"I promise"

Those words echoed in my mind, I had made a mistake, if only I thought about the fall, the true consequence at the bottom of the edge. I was going to die, and break my promise.

I closed my eyes, drew in my last breath, and prepared to embrace my final moment.

"Dabi!"

I could hear a muffled voice in the distance, it must just be another memory, my brain trying to convince me not to go through with what was already done. There was no turning back, the damage was already done.

"DABI!"

the voice got louder, and the moon got darker, flashes of red crowded my vision, then I felt arms wrap around me.

"H-hawks? What the hell are you doing here?!"

My eyes met his, he was sobbing, and he just gripped me closer to him, as if to make sure I was truly there.

"I was worried about you ok! So...I left and then I saw you...I watched you fall..."

He was worried about me...he was always worried about me now, he won't let me sleep by myself, is always checking in on me to make sure I didn't drown in the shower, or slip and fall. I could see every feeling he was dealing with, fear, concern, relief, and...love...

We were still suspended in the air, hawks keeping us afloat. His wings were finally healed...the damage I did was visibly undone, but mentally, I would never be able to fix that. And yet? He saved my life after I tried to take his..

I felt myself begin to cry, "you're such and idiot" I laughed "you heros and your goal to save everyone, it's like you have a second sense" at this point we both were crying and laughing. Holding eachother close, in the sleeping city.

"How about we go home now?" He broke the silence, I knew he was getting tired, holding both me and himself up not having flown in weeks...I'm always creating messes for people to clean up aren't I? But I wouldn't trade our mess for the world

"Yeah let's go home"

YALL WHAT IF I SAID THAT WAS THE END? jk it's not, I have big plans on how to end the story, and fyi some of yall will cry.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 15, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

dabi x hawks story: Feathers जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें