"Part of this Code of Conduct also states that when they come of age, all werewolves must sign the Werewolf Registry. However, many Ministry officials have stated that this is a severely under-managed system, and estimate that less than half of the werewolves out there are being tracked by this list effectively."

"What incentive do they have to sign?" Mary spoke up at last, everyone's quills dropping to their desks. "Write your name down here to become an outcast we lock up once a month?"

Some of the classmates snickered, while others looked at Mary with confusion.

"They know they're dangerous, they probably understand it's for everyone's safety." One of the dark haired Ravenclaw girls from the front row cut in, her classmates nodding along.

"We're all dangerous." James shouted, "In case you haven't noticed, we all carry around sticks of wood that can kill someone faster than any wolf could."

"That's quite enough, class! Students will please raise their hands if they have questions or comments, and Mr. Potter, I would kindly ask that you not make death threats in my classroom." She offered the boy a tight smile as James sank back into his seat. "Miss Harris?" Their professor seemed nervous now, calling on Charlotte who had hardly realized her hand was in the air.

"The Ministry thinks that Werewolves will want to cooperate with them and sign their rules when they look them in the eyes and call them Beasts? They're humans 99% of the time, and I highly doubt if any of them chose to become that way."

"That is a common issue that many wizards have brought to the Ministry's attention. Newt Scamander in particular has pointed this out, along with stating that the Ministry allows Werewolves to be double classified as Being and Beast as an excuse to push paperwork onto each other's desks. Essentially, it's a difficult topic with no easy solutions, and-"

The bell tolled from one of the towers far above their classroom and students began at once to shove papers and books into their bags.

"We'll finish this next week! Everyone finish reading the chapter and come prepared for the next lesson and perhaps we can skip the paper!" She called, the door slamming against the wall as Sirius, James and Peter exchanged frowns, Remus no where in sight.

"Where's your fourth then?" Marlene asked the boys, James reaching up to scratch the back of his neck for a moment.

"Think he wasn't feeling well." Sirius spoke up, starting out the door behind the crowd of Ravenclaws.

"Remus?" Lily asked, catching back up.

"He'll be aright." Peter piped up, bouncing after James towards the staircase.

"Charlotte?" Sirius called, the group of Gryffindors paused, all eyes locked on the blonde as she slowed, turning back to her friends.

"I might... go look for him. See if he's alright." She murmured, glancing down the hallway as if she would be able to spot the tall boy. Maybe he was just feeling ill, or maybe he had just been done with class after a long day. Still, she couldn't stop replaying the events from the other night. Remus had carried her to the hospital wing. Remus had saved her life. The least she could do was to check if he was feeling alright, especially if none of his friends were planning on it.

"Blondie, he's fine, he'll catch up with us later." Sirius promised, the group nodding for her to catch up as they started down the stairs. Sirius turned around once more halfway down, eyebrows furrowing, Charlotte nowhere in sight.

"Well, you three are shit friends, I'd want someone to come after me if I was sick!" Mary pointed out, her voice echoing down the hall as Charlotte glanced through the empty classrooms she passed, pausing in front of the restroom doors, ears trained for any sign of Remus.