Chapter Eleven

A/N: Even though this bit doesn't start with the song, trust the process alright? Coolio. <3 (Oh and before I forget, the name of the song is I Don't Need Your Love by Anna Uzele.) Also, I'm not gonna put the song in quotes 'cause I don't want to, lol(unless the song requires quotation marks). ❤ Also, bold is Gracie ig(She's the only one singing)

"Wynter?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"If I am dying, I want you to hear a song that I wrote in hopes of launching a music career. Even if the world can't hear, I at least want someone to have had."

Dear Tom,

You know I love you, boy, in every single way. Though I love you, boy, I'll miss you everyday. Oh, I love you boy. I wish that I could stay with you, and keep the life I made with you. And even though it feels so right, I'm holding back the tears tonight. It's true, I'll never be over you, 'cause I have built a future in my mind with you. And now the hope is gone; there's nothing left for me to do. You know it isn't true, but I must say to you, that I don't need your love, no, no. I don't need your love, no, no. It'll never be better than it was, no, no. But I don't need your love, no, no.

I've got no choice. With the King, I stay alive. Never had a choice. Been a wife twice before, just to survive. I don't have a choice; if Henry says it's you, then it's you. No matter how I feel, it's what I have to do, but if somehow I had that choice, no holding back, I'd raise my voice. I'd say "Henry, yeah it's true. I'll never belong to you, 'cause I am not your toy to enjoy 'til there's something new. As if I'm gonna give up my boy, my work, my dreams to care for you. Ha! Darling, get a clue. There's nothing you can do. I don't need your love! No, no! No, I don't need your love, no, no. There's nothing left to discuss, no, no, 'cause I don't need your love, no, no." But the thing is, I can't say that. Not to the King. So this is goodbye. All my love, Catherine.

So I sent that letter to my love, got married to the King, became the one who survived. I've told you about my life, the final wife. But why should that story be the one I have to sing about? Just to win? I'm out! That's not my story; there's so much more! Remember that I was a writer. I wrote books and psalms and medications, fought for female education, so all my women could independently study scripture. I even got a woman to paint my picture! Why can't I tell that story? 'Cause in his story I'm fixed as one of six, and without him, I disappear. Oh, yeah. Disappear.