Chapter Two

Gracie/Izzy POV

"Go, Shrimpy! Go Shrimpy!" A few cheerleaders yelled as they ran through the field. I winced as the sound rang in my ears. To add on that, I was forced to listen to Addison's disgusting voice.

"Even more sparkly than I dreamed. Hi, I'm Addison, and this is cheer camp..." It all faded out as I got further away from the girl. I adjusted my purple and blue shirt, but I stopped when I made it to the platform with all the other cheerleaders.

The cheer captain, Bucky, stood in front of all of us. "Split up," He commanded, and we all obeyed. "You've all heard the stories of bloodthirsty monsters who roam these woods, feasting on innocent cheerleaders,"

"Boo!" I exclaimed, startling Addison's best friend Bree and her crush into a hug position. Bucky put on a serious face and made a motion for everyone to settle down.

"Well, those stories are just silly make-believe. But you better believe we're gonna break you down and build you back up into peppy little chear machines like... Lacey,..." My blonde sister emerged from the crowd, did a little trick, then went to stand next to Bucky. "...Stacey,..." My dark-haired sister did the same, but with a different trick. "...Gracie,..." It was my turn. I did a side flip followed by a back handspring, and went to my adoptive sisters. "... And our most recent Acey, JC!"

Sadly, my brother is a little bit lacking in the brain, so we went through a very uncomfortable ordeal. "I'm Kevin...." He explained. "...Right. We changed my name to JC, which I love by the way...." JC gave up trying to argue and went to stand with us(A/N: Idk if the Aceys are related, but if they're not, pretend they are for this story :) ).

"Long live the Aceys!" Bucky exclaimed. "You four lead the veterans, you're the A-team. Addison, Bree, you take the newbies. You're the, uh, you're the Z-team."

---------------------------🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄---------------------------

"Hey, hey! Ho, ho! This demolition has got to go!" Eliza spoke into a megaphone as her friend came up to her. "They can't tear it down, Zed." She said to him.

"Seabrook power hasn't worked for years." Zed reminded.

"It's an important part of zombie heritage!" Eliza exclaimed.

"This is progress, Eliza. And now we can even go to Prawn." He looked away from her for a moment. "Prawn is like super-sized prom, but Mighty Shrimp themed, and this is the first year zombies can attend, and it's gonna be epic."

"I'm loud and proud to be a zombie!" Eliza continued in her megaphone.

"Sometimes too loud." Zed muttered. "Soon, Z-band tech will get so good that zombies will blend right in."

Eliza huffed. "I dream of a day we ditch our Z-bands and let our inner monsters roar!!"

---------------------------🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄---------------------------

"Zombies, this is obviously your first cheer camp." Bucky started. "Now, I'm not anti-change, I'm just pro keeping things the way they are, because you don't mess with success. This week, the veterans and the newbies will compete for the Cheer Camp Cup to see who is more cheertastic! The veterans have always won the Cheer Camp Cup, right Aceys?"

"Right!" We chimed in unison.

"We'll see about that." Addison proclaimed.

"To the cheer course!" Bucky shouted.

As we ran to the course, I passed Addison. "Watch and learn, snowball. Oh, and by the way, I like your cut, G," I slapped her head and kept running. When I saw she didn't follow us, I rolled my eyes. "Addison, get those pom-poms pumping!"