chapter nine

protect ourselves
🎶 this is why we can't have nice thing - taylor swif

protect ourselves 🎶 this is why we can't have nice thing - taylor swif

Scott took Stiles, Sydney, and Allison into an empty classroom. "Derek's waiting for Lydia outside."

"Waiting to kill her?" Allison questioned.

"If he thinks she's the Kanima, then yes," Scott nodded. "Especially after what happened at the pool."

"It's not her," Sydney insisted.

"Syd, she didn't pass the test. Nothing happened," he explained.

"No, no. It can't be her," she repeated.

"It doesn't matter because Derek thinks it's her," Allison remarked. "So either we can convince him that he's wrong or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."

"Well I really don't think he's gonna do anything here, not at school," Scott replied.

"Well what about after school?" Sydney questioned. Scott didn't reply.

"Well what is we can prove to Derek that he's wrong?" Allison suggested.

"How could we do that?" Sydney asked.

"There could be something in the beastiary," Allison said.

"You mean the 100 page book written in archaic Latin that none of us understand? Good luck with that," Stiles sassed.

"Actually I think I know someone who might be able to translate it," Allison said.

"I can talk to Derek, maybe get him to give us a chance to prove its not her. But if anything happens you guys let me handle it, okay?" Scott said.

"What does that mean?" Syd questioned.

"It just means that you can't heal like I can," he defended. "I just don't want any of you getting hurt."

Allison calmly walked over to her bag and pulled out a cross bow. "I can protect myself."

Scott's expression wasn't what Allison expected, and she knew him well enough to know something was up. "What? Did something else happen?"

"I just don't want you getting hurt? Seriously, if something goes wrong you call me," he insisted. "Okay?" Allison didn't say anything. "I don't care if you're dad finds out, call, text, scream, yell whatever I'll hear you and I'll come as fast as I can."

Allison nodded, and as Scott walked away towards the door something wizzed pass him. He caught it, looking in his hands to see an arrow from Allison's crossbow. When he turned around, Sydney and Stiles were staring with open jaws. The two had been fighting over it and had accidentally pulled the trigger. I'm unison they both pointed at each other.

"It was him!"

"It was her!"

"Sorry," they mumbled.