Chapter 24: Carriage Leaving The Castle!

Start from the beginning

Following behind the old Elven man, we leave the stable, and a minute later, we reach a different area that's much bigger than the stables from earlier. As we continue following behind the man, we pass by several cubicles with carriages inside them, and while all of them are luxurious and in pristine condition, some of them I find seem to be in weird shapes. Like the third I saw, instead of a standard rectangle or square carriage, it was in the form of a triangle; another one didn't even look like a carriage; it was just a giant wooden ball with wheels.

While I was confused at all the different variations of carriages, the elven man suddenly stopped right in front of another cubicle, the carriage inside was majestic and gorgeous, but best of all, it was built like a typical royal carriage.

"How is this, Prince Elif, or do you wish for a different one?" Asked the Elven man with a bow.

"Nope, this one is perfect." Replied Elf as he made his way to the entrance of the carriage.

"I'm glad you like it, Prince Elif; now, if you'll excuse me, I shall go gather the Royal mounts which pull the carriage." Said the Elven man with a smile as he hurriedly walked off.

When I opened the door to the carriage, I was met with a couple of seats, but beyond that was what looked like an entire bedroom; walking further in, I get fully see the size of the inside of the carriage, and that's not all as there's a door on the left wall which I think is a bathroom, at least that would make sense.

'This is nice, unnecessary, but nice.' Thought Elif as he left the carriage and waited for the man to bring the mounts.

While waiting, I noticed the guards seemed to have finally calmed down, as their faces were no longer as pale as before.

"Oh yeah, lady, do you know why mother took one of your members?" Asked Elif, who once again forgot to ask about him.

"No, I do not, Prince Elif." Replied the petite lady respectfully.

"Anyways, what's your name? I don't feel like addressing you as 'lady'?" Asked Elif.

"It is Mandy, Prince Elif." Answered the petite Elven lady, who was Mandy all along.

Nodding my head my response, I walk back inside the carriage and start cultivating while waiting for the man to return with the mounts, which didn't seem to take long as he returned only a couple of minutes later with two Unicorns.

They were both pearly white with beautiful blue manes, and their horns would pulsate between several different colors.

"Sorry for the long wait, Prince Elf; it had been some time since these two have gone out." Replied the Elven man with a bow.

I Ignored him as I arrived right in front of the Unicorns and reached out my hand to feel them; it seemed they understood my actions as both of them moved their heads down close to my hand, allowing me to caress them. While rubbing them, I was surprised by how comfortable their skin was, it felt even better than the blankets on my bed, and their thick blue mane was soft and fluffy like a pillow, though the best part was when they neighed in satisfaction from me rubbing them.

"Are you going to continue rubbing them, or will you allow them to get harnessed?" Asked Illumia, snapping Elif out of his fun and remembering what he came here for.

"Oh yeah, alright, guys, it was fun playing, but I wish to explore the city today; we can continue this another day." Said Elif as he brought his hands away from the Unicorns, with both Elif and the Unicorns displaying minor reluctance.

"Don't mess up their mane." Said Elif to the Elven man, who started strapping their harness in, not knowing that even if the old man wished to harm them, it would be impossible with his inferior cultivation base.

"Of course, Prince Elif." Replied the man with a bow.

While walking back into the carriage, I notice that only Illumia has followed behind me.

"Mandy, are you guys not coming in?" Asked Elif as he looked out the door at the Royal Guards

"As mere Royal Guards, we wouldn't dare do something as audacious as stepping into a Royal Carriage that's being pulled by Unicorns, Prince Elif! Besides, Prince Elif, we are Royal Guards meant to protect you, so we shall stay outside on the lookout in case anything dangerous arises." Replied Mandy quickly and respectfully.

"Ok then, suit yourself." Said Elif as he shut the door and sat by a window seat that happened to be directly across from where Illumia was sitting.

A little while later, the two unicorns that were now fully harnessed in let out a loud neigh as we started moving; after a couple of minutes of looking out the window, I saw a giant gate with royal guards lining the edge of the wall, while above that is a floating golden star emblem.

"We are about to leave the Royal Elven Family Grounds, Prince Elif." Announced Mandy, who was walking on the left side of the carriage where the window is, in case Elif wished to give any instructions to her.

It's been a few minutes since we had left the castle, yet not once had I seen anything even mildly interesting as all I could see was the road and the occasional gate being guarded.

"Is this it?" Asked Elif, who had gotten annoyed at seeing the same thing repeatedly.

"Of course not, your highness, we are currently in the middle district of the city, and most of the middle district is occupied by Nobles." Answered Illumia.

"So then, what about the first district of the city? Is that place interesting? Because this place is boring." Asked Elif.

"Yes, the first district is not only the biggest part of the city as that district alone takes up seventy-five percent of the city, but it is also the most active district considering there are over a trillion living beings present there daily." Replied Illumia, once again causing Elif to go wide-eyed at the mind-boggling number.

___
___

Got 100+ chapters of this on [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691] if anyone of you're interested enough.