realisation

Sitting in the café after class, Cécilia and Mariane were talking about their winter break. Nini was telling her all about her time with her family in her hometown of Geneva while Lili was telling her about her first real Christmas spent with Kris' family.

"I think I like him" Lili blurted out at one point, "like, more than a friend"

The Swiss girl looked at her friend with a soft smile - a rare occurrence that needed to be mentioned. It was finally time she realised that she and Kris weren't just friends and that from the beginning.

"I know" Nini simply replied owning a confused look from her friend across the table. "Oh please Lili, the way you look at each other ? The way you talk about him ? The way you literally spent Christmas with his family ? It was fucking time you realised you are in love with him"

"I'm not in love with him" The look on her friend's face screamed 'you sure ?', "I'm not in love with him ! I swear !" Nini was sure her friend was trying harder to convince herself than her friend.

"You are the most oblivious person I know. You are head over heels for him and he is head over heels for you too!" The Swiss was trying her best not to laugh at her friend's face.

"He isn't" Once again, Lili was trying to convince herself that it wasn't reciprocal.

"Oh shut up" Mariane rolled her eyes. "He remembers everything you tell him ! The vintage watch for your birthday ? The way he kept telling his parents how talented you were over Christmas dinner ? Please Lili, be fucking realistic right now" she sighed.

"Look Lili, if you don't make a move, some girl out there will not hesitate to do so and then you'll be heartbroken seeing happy with someone that isn't you." she grabbed her friend's hands, "I don't want to pressure you, but he is a pretty big deal here, and with Eurovision coming up, his popularity will only grow. I want you to be happy, and I see how happy you are when he's around you. So why do you push your feelings aside when you two could be happy together ?"

🃟🃟🃟

Weirdly enough, a similar conversation was happening in the music studio where the band was hanging out and working on their Eurovision performance.

"So Kris, when are you going to tell Lili you have feelings for her ?" asked Jan when he sat down next to his friend on the couch.

"What ?" the blond guy was confused.

"Oh please Kris ! We all know you have feelings for her. I think even Mariane knows about it" The other guitarist laughed while the rest of the band was listening to the conversation.

"I don't have feelings for her, she's a very good friend, that's it"

"Bullshit" Bojan chimed in the conversation, "You are head over heels for her. You even brought her to Christmas with your family"

"So that she wouldn't be alone !" he countered.

"You told us even your own mother saw it !" the singer laughed at the blindness of his friend.

"She was imagining things" The tall man tried his best to convince his friends but failed miserably.

"Kris, your sister sent me a message to know if you and Lili weren't secretly dating" Jan added, showing his phone in his hand.

"She what ?" Kris was shocked that his sister would send a message to his friend to know something like that.

"And when I told her that you two weren't together, she told me, and I quote her 'Please do something about it because he looks like a lost puppy looking at her'." The guitarist was reading Maja's text on his phone.

"You need to stop trying to convince yourself that you are just friends because you aren't. You two have feelings for each other and one of you needs to do something about it. Otherwise, some guy out there will make a move and you'll lose her. When it happens, you'll only have your eyes to cry about it" Bojan told his friend.

"What do you think will happen if she starts working in Formula One ? She is pretty, smart, funny, and has an amazing personality - your words, not mine - and there are a bunch of young and handsome drivers that are single. Soon enough, you'll see her happy with a professional athlete while you'll still be single" Jan needed his friend to understand that he couldn't miss his chance. "You have the possibility of being with the girl of your dreams. Do something about it"

marianesworld

marianesworld when I tell Lili that she might have feelings for someone

COMMENTS

lililaurent MARIANE DUMORTIER JE VAIS TE TUER

janpeteh crazy how we got about the same face from the "someone"
marianesworld crazy ! who would have thought
lililaurent I'm sorry to interrupt but since ☝️ when does Jan follow you ?
marianesworld don't worry he's the only one that follows me
lililaurent that wasn't my question young lady

janpeteh crazy how we got about the same face from the "someone" ↳ marianesworld crazy ! who would have thought ↳ lililaurent I'm sorry to interrupt but since ☝️ when does Jan follow you ? ↳ marianesworld don't worry he's the only one that follows...