home alone

In the Laurent family, Christmas wasn't a big thing to the point where it was barely even celebrated. While her friends in kindergarten and primary school talked about Père Noël [Santa Klaus] during the breaks, Lili never knew what it was. When asking her parents, aged 5, her mother replied saying "It's a fantasy character created to make children believe that the presents they receive at Christmas aren't bought by their parents". So much for the Christmas spirit... 

Since her parents didn't care about it, they would always work during the entire break. "Nothing is on hold during the holidays Cécilia. They are still people that are sick, and cases to be treated" her father told her when she was young. So there was no point in going back home for the break. 

Listening to her friends talking about what they asked for Christmas, their plans for the breaks and their excitement to see their family had always had a bittersweet taste for the Belgian girl. Why couldn't they be a normal family...

This year wasn't different from the others. Mariane was going back home to Switzerland to spend the break with her family, and the guys from Joker Out have been non-stop talking about their plans with their families and how excited they were to see their relatives. 

Every time the conversation would go onto this subject, Lili would remain silent, trying to be forgotten so she wouldn't have to tell them she would be alone in Ljubljana for the Holidays. 

🃟🃟🃟

KRIS

Happy Christmas Lili, I hope you
have a wonderful time in Brussels
with your family. See you soon 🫶

Happy Christmas to you too Kris,
I hope you have an amazing time
with your parents and siblings.
Enjoy 🫶

I'm actually staying in Ljubljanafor the break :)

for the break :)

Wait what ? Did your family come
to Ljubljana ?