15. ENGAGEMENT - I

Start from the beginning

They were all wearing white kurta pajama with a mirror embellished duppata over it.

"So let's go

"So let's go. What are we waiting for. " Sehaj said motioning to the door, as we made our way outside i asked him, " Where's arushi? "
"Don't ask man. " He whined.
"Huh why? "

" She's been with your girl since morning. She didn't even come to our room to get her dress. " I liked him saying my girl a little too much.
But i couldn't show it, not now or else this man will have my head thinking I'm gloating in his misfortune.

" It's okay, she's gonna be with you afterwards. "
"That's the only relief I have. "

" Bhai you're ready. " Ashu came out of nowhere. I don't know about me but she looked ready, and I knew she has spent an hour with a stylist to get ready. Her dress was an ivory colored lehnga with flowers embroidered on it, that mom had specially customized for her.

" Do I look like it? " I said gesturing to myself

" Hmm, I guess so. " She looked once over me and said non comittingly.
" What do you mean I guess so. "
" Nothing. "
" Say it ashu. "

" You'll look too dull next to my bhabhi. Mom should've selected someone else. " Is this girl crazy. What nonsense is she even saying.
" What someone else "

" For bhabhi, you'll dim her shine. " I will seriously have a murder on my hand if this goes on.
" Jyada ni bolri tu ldki. "
' Aren't you speaking too much, girl? '

" Sach hi bolri hu bhai.. Khud dekh lena. Mein to chali didi k pas. "
' All I'm saying is truth. You can see for yourself. I'm going to sister. '

And she left, " Ani why do I think your family is not yours anymore. " Shreshth decided that it was the best he could say.
"You feel it too. I've been feeling it since yesterday. "

" Good luck bro. Winning your family back. " Sehaj said patting my shoulder. And we made our way to the venue. I didn't know what to say after the decorations, everything was pink like seriously? Who even likes this much pink. I don't, and as far as I know she likes white more than pink, so what's with this color theme. Before I could comment on it, mom came, " Huh, tsk tsk, you look okay. " She said stroking my shoulders to smoothen some non-existent creases. This was the first time that my mom wasn't praising how good her son looked, " Mom what's with this tsk tsk? " I asked replicating her motion of clicking her tongue.