ive stopped counting

Happy pride month!!!!

I'm on summer break, my dad signed me up for an online class (forensic science) and it's going really well so far. I hung up a pride flag in my room, which got a bit of backlash. I'll just copy and paste a text I sent to my friends about it.

Well first he asked me what it was, then when I told him what it was he said he knows what the hell it is, why is it in my room. So I explained that it's pride month and I wanted to put it up, and he told me to take it down, but then a few sentences later, I asked if I still had to take it down and he said no but he wasn't gonna allow me to 'fly that shit out in public' because he was 'concerned for my safety' because what if I'm having a grand old time wearing my flag as a cape or something and some asshole tries something with me. Had to resist saying I keep a knife in my bag for that reason specifically.

Yeahhhhh isn't that great...
Anyway, my classes are going swimmingly, they're really interesting, and guess what? I HAVE MY OWN CAR NOW!!!! I've called it the Batmobile because it has a batman license frame and I have a batman keychain. It's super cool! It's a 2010 Honda Insight, and you may be thinking, 'Theodore, what the hell are you doing driving that hunk of junk around? It's ancient!" And you may be right, but the Batmobile is far from a hunk of junk. Besides, it's my hunk of junk, which makes me love it all the same. It has its quirks (locks me out of the radio every now and then, cd player is broken, rear-view mirror is funky) but I've adapted to them, and I love my car so much.

By the way, I'm only 15. I only have my permit, I'm getting my license soon, though. This August, actually! My dad and step-mom bought my step-mom's brother's car from him (he was getting a new one I think) so I could get used to it before I get out on the roads. I prefer driving with my stepmom, she's a lot nicer when I make a mistake. I get nervous with Dad in the car, especially considering how much of it he takes up. He's 6'3, and my little car is only just tall enough for me and I'm 5'4 (plus change).

gotta take notes rl quick

copies of paintings or new mimics
check the brushwork (unique to each artist)
check the records
chem analysis
craquelure
oil hardens
solvent dissolves
oil cracks depending on treatments over time
faking craquelure uses "solvent washes and gentle heat to make the paint dry faster and crack right away"
"this artificial aging is more chaotic than the cracking patterns of real old art, but it can be hard to tell with the naked eye"
he made a bad pun
using infrared and X ray scientists can see more than just what's on the surface (underpainting)
"Infrared light can penetrate paint layers to reach the canvas and detect an underdrawing"
pale areas reflect infrared
dark areas absorb infrared
if underdrawing is missing then it might be a forgery
"Still Life With Meadow Flowers And Roses" was an odd piece for a Van Gogh, but "in 2012, scientists used x-ray fluorescence to analyse the underpainting"
guys omg the x-ray imaging of slwmfar revealed an underdrawing of topless men sparring (lining up with a letter Vincent wrote to his brother Theo about how he painted a "large thing with two nude torsos... two wrestlers")
"The molecular components of paint can be broken up into smaller components, separated by mass, and analysed using a technique called mass spectrometry"
nuclear testing in the late 50s caused a global increase in carbon-14 levels (that's called the bomb peak effect)
"carbon-14 was incorporated into all living things, including the cotton plants that would be turned into canvases"

alright that's all the notes. thanks for bearing with me. I'm doing my online class right now and it said I'd be tested on the stuff in the video so I better take notes. this was the most readily accessible notes spot. I'll let y'all go now lmao