Temporary Happiness

-Hunter's P. O. V-

I was walking through the gardens at the park, there were less flowers as it was now autumn, but nevertheless I still enjoyed my time. It was quite peaceful, it distracted me from the chaoticness of my siblings and partner.

As I was walking through the pathway where leafs from the trees around were falling, I had bumped right into a familiar someone almost making me fall (in love–). It was the tall(er) greenette–when I say taller I mean by at least just 3 inches–though before I fell, he had caught me. It gave me a sense of deja vu from our first interaction.

"Careful there, blondie" Edric chuckled faintly.

"Nice to see you, too" I said blankly, getting myself out of his grip.

"Ah, I've been longing to see my beloved boyfriend once again" The Blight said in a somewhat playful manner. "Also, I've been meaning to show you a place nearby" He added, stuffing his hands into the pocket of his jacket which wasn't zipped.

"Where off to, Prince charming?" I said, looking off into the distance before returning my gaze onto him.

"Just follow me, dear" Edric said, a small grin appearing in the corner of his lips while he took my hand and kissed it gently before taking it and leading me to the place where he wanted me to see.

As we were walking, even though Edric still seems the same, there was something bothering me. As if there was something about Edric that seemed off. To be completely honest, I do still get paid, but very often I decline. I've received plenty of cash from the greenette already and honestly, I think I like him a lot and it seems his feeling is mutual from what I observed from him.

"Hey, Ed. Are we close?" I said, now interlocking our fingers, getting rather impatient.

"Just be patient, love" Edric hummed out.

Soon enough, after a few more peaceful yet quiet minutes, he headed near a rather tall bush before gently pushing it to the side, revealing a beautiful lake.

He let go of my hand as I got closer to the crystal clear water.

"I found this the other day but hadn't gotten the chance to show it to you." He stated, sitting down at the bottom of a rather large tree on a small hill very close to the lake, patting the side next to him to signal me to take a seat.

I gladly accepted his offer, we sat there in a silence, a nice and soothing silence for a few moments before he finally spoke up. He was gazing at the lake with those beautiful golden eyes of his.

"Hunter." The greenette started. I've never heard him calling me by my name, so obviously I looked at him immediately.

The Blight then continued, "I'm moving to a different state this Monday." as he finished his sentence, I noticed his voice slightly wavered.

My eyes widened , "What..?" I spoke in disbelief, hoping it was just another one if his pranks.

"Me and siblings were informed months before the move, it was before my parents actually got accepted there. Originally, all of us, excluding Emira, had nothing against the move since I had little to nothing here, though, Amity was a bit hesitant since she didn't want to leave Willow who she just got on better terms with" He stopped for a second, taking a deep breath, then continuing.

"That was before I bumped into you that one faithful day. From that point onward, I no longer wanted to leave since I had you, same goes for Mittens with Luz. At first, I already knew I liked you but I wasn't certain, but the more we hung out, the more I fell head over heels for you." Edric then looked at me, the entire time I kept my gaze on him with desperation and a hint of sadness and a sort of admiration(?) as he continued to speak.