1.14

"Come on, Ron

"Come on, Ron. It's just like your normal, everyday chess."

"It will be if it bloody moves on its own! Which one's the pawn again?"

Currently, Harry and Ron were an extremely serious conversation over a new game that Xing have just introduced them to a few days ago. The duo's voice echoes through the increasingly empty spaces in the dining halls as many students were preparing to leave for the holidays.

"Would you like some help professor?" Meanwhile, the figure of the tall girl was situated near the dozens of evergreen trees floating all over the hall. Standing next to her was the Charms professor.

Professor Flitwick who was busy with unravelling a knot in this year's garlands perked up at Xing's question. "Of course, Ms. Forest. Things would certainly flow much faster with your help."

Xing happily grinned, casting a simple spell to relieve Professor Flitwick out of the trail of garland that he was making. Once finished, Xing scanned the heaps of decorations that were already put out. "Instead of doing a color theme for this year, why don't we break tradition for a bit? The green and blue decorations are getting a bit crusty." Xing turned a blind eye on the hidden meaning of this.

"What do you have in mind then?" Though awkward, Professor Flitwick was willing to listen to Xing's ideas.

Xing crouch down to touch the ornaments that were starting to lose their shine. "We'll use all of them."

"How?"

"Dear professor, Christmas is the time of reunion, in order to show that across the dining hall, we will decorate a tree a specific color, representing a color of each house and place them around the hall."

"Interesting, Ms. Forest but unfortunately, I do not think we have enough time to do so."

Xing's grin only grew wider, "Don't worry, Professor, I have just the right people we need." With that, Xing turns her head towards the Gryffindor table, specifically the three first years that she have gotten the opportunity to get closer to.

As she approaches the table, the clearer their conversations became. "That's the whole point, Ron. We need to do during this time?" The voice of the only girl in the trio traveled through the space.

"You can't expect us to tell her that!" Followed by the only pureblood.

"You're not telling her anything, you're convincing her."

"You're telling me to convince the Xing F--" Finally, concluding with the only mystery Hogwarts could not answer.

"Convince me about what?" Stopping behind Hermione, who was towering over Harry, Xing looked down at the increasingly panicked expressions of the trio.

Hermione was the first to snap out of the minuscule panic attacks that they were all sharing, but not for good reason. She hurriedly grabbed the books that she had placed on the table. "Looks like the train is leaving soon. Have fun." Turning back, Hermione made the initiative to hug Xing which she amusedly reciprocated. "Of course, spend loads of time with your family. Send me an owl if you have any questions when you're reading the books."