Two

A huff escaped Robera's lips as she turned off the white tab in her hand

A huff escaped Robera's lips as she turned off the white tab in her hand. Her eyes would bleed if she had to see one more word formation technique on the screen.

She threw the device on the metal bed and jumped to her feet. She smoothened her knee-length black dress and walked ahead toward the only window in the chamber. 

The warmth of the dull orange sun greeted her from the west sky. Needle sharp skyscrapers around her stood guard like fences, protecting the fortress that was her home. Another looming skyscraper.

Robera leaned forward, resting her elbows on the platinum window sill. Her soft lips stretched as one of the airbus with helicopter blades overhead swiveled sharply to avoid collision with another airbus's blades. 

Nice save.

Robera smiled at the thought.

But her smile didn't last long as she turned around, staring longingly at the closed door.

Kirex forbade her from going out of this chamber ever since she started knowing the world. Even now when she was six years old, that one particular order did not change. That didn't mean she never tried to leave the confines of this cage of a bedroom. 

She did and effectively got caught within the first few minutes. After her sixth attempt, Kirex closed her bedroom door with a password and limited the access of other guards in her room. 

He even expanded a corner of her chamber and installed a bathtub and a toilet bowl for her. The only time she could get a glimpse of the outer world was when a guard would bring her food.

Robera sighed and returned to her bed. She rested her back against the foam pillow and sighed, swinging one leg outside the bed.

It was close to the time of her afternoon snacks and soon enough the metal door in her chamber rattled.

Robera sat upright in her bed and stared at the open gap at the outside hallway. A gray wall graced her eyes for a brief few seconds before the door closed shut.

At least, she could catch a glimpse for once today. That was enough.

A guard was carrying a tray full of lidded goods and coming toward her bed.

Robera hid a sigh as the guard placed the tray before her now crossed legs. 

He wouldn't leave. They never did until Robera finished off with the last of her crumbs. Kirex's order.

With droopy shoulders, Robera leaned forward and opened the first lid on her right.

Curled potato crackers with the side of a white onion sauce.

She pulled off the next and was struck with savory smell of spicy fried shrimp. 

Robera removed the last lid and widened her eyes.