"Shayla... I don't know how to console you but think about it... Before all this school drama, before that ball... Would you think your life was a mess as it's now? I know I don't know anything about you but you were caging yourself from the world when everyone tried to befriend you,"

She looked up and stared at me for a while, "that's not true..."

"I'm trying to show you the mirror. You're great. As a person, grades, everything but you caged yourself. Blaming someone would not help."

Her eyebrows squint together before she stands up and then suddenly holds my throat.

What the fuck. You can't be serious.

He straddles me to the wall as I try to reach out of her hold.

"Shayla..."

"I hate you so much. Did you know that?"

"S..top," my voice breaks.

"From the very first day, I hated you. I hated your friends. I hated how perfect you were. You all ruined my life!"

My breath shallows as she dugs her nails to the side of my neck. "You... A..are, in- sane.."

"NO I'M NOT," she presses her hands forcefully again.

Before she could fetch more blood from my neck, I took out my wand and pointed at her stomach. "Flipendo!" she flies back and her back hits the bed.

"You're worse. This is why everyone ignores you!" I speak and lock myself in the washroom.

"Bitch," I hissed at the sight of the blood sticking to my neck. "She deserved everything."

I hissed at the pain and then put out my cabinet to get cotton and antiseptic.

Did I get really bad with her? Was I really what she told me?

Yes. Maybe.

Maybe that's the reason V stopped being friends with me and how Shayla ignored me.

That night I cried myself again into the bathtub.

The next morning when I woke up in the bathtub, my neck was bandaged and the door was unlocked. I walked out and looked around but it was only me.

Who bandaged my neck? And where is Shayla?

I waited the whole Sunday afternoon just to know that Shayla Jones has left the school.

Time made me realize that Shayla was a victim of her own. She hated herself for what she became. I hated her for a long time too but she didn't deserve that ending. However, she became an enemy of her own.