Maybe her mother...

Anyways. A tinge bit of obedient Shayla was back, she started to show up early in the classes but was never happy. During lunch, she would still hang out with Willow with a fake smile.

While my mission was to get V to talk to me again, I was into Shayla's business and she didn't even like me. So I stopped noticing every single detail of her life.

V ignored me everywhere. It hurt. It hurt seeing my best friend ignoring me. Maybe people never saw me cry but at night I used to sob. Eventually, I got used to the rejection and didn't care about the school drama.

During my 16th birthday, the girls and I made a pact to be happy no matter what, and the next morning I woke up convinced.

That was my glow-up.

I ignored V the way he ignored me. I started to hang out more with my girls and started living my life.

But one night. After I was chosen as the head girl of Ravenclaw, Shayla showed up at the dorm. Rubi had kept the room empty for me so she could celebrate her girlfriend Cheryl's birthday. But I didn't know that my night of celebration would turn into a nightmare and by seeing Shayla's eyes, I could say I was right. They were bloodshot red and by her appearance, she looked like a mess.

"I thought you were out tonight," I smiled and picked up the books from my bed.

She huffs walking straight to the leg of the bed, I look up confused as she speaks making me utterly startled. "Just stop this bullshit."

"Excuse me?" I dropped the books back again staring at her.

"Jisoo, just stop!" she screams.

"What are you talking about?"

"Stop acting all sweet and innocent! You know what I'm talking about." she looks up as tears reach out of her eyes.

She's high, someone drugged her.

I sigh frustratingly, "Shayla, I don't know what you're talking about but calm down-"

She huffs again cutting me off, "What does he see in you?"

"Who? And why-"

"shit, why do I forget that your parents are rich!" she walks forward almost as close as a 10 cm gap. "Fucking rich kids."

"Shayla, you need to"

"Stop. I've tried a million ways to be noticed by him, and changed my lifestyle to be this! But... But what did I get? Only to find my place that I'm not capable of him? Or my status isn't." her eyes meet mine.

My gaze hardens, as she continues, "I can't be a perfect little bitch after all this... I can't be you!"

Who would change their lifestyle for a fucking guy? She did.

"Shayla."

"I-" I cut her off.

"You've been cutting my words since the moment you arrived here but now... You'll have to listen to me." I hold her hand. "you're perfect. Everyone is perfect in their own way. You can't stop being yourself just because someone doesn't like you."

She looks up, tears pouring down her eyes, "It's easy for you to tell because you have a perfect life. Perfect grades, perfect parents, perfect friends, and a perfect best friend. You wouldn't know the meaning of someone being ignored by, someone who's fatherless who's mother expects perfect grades from her. Being me is not easy! Being imperfect is not easy." she sits on the bed sobbing her hands up her face.