five

♥︎mention of self harm♥︎

The day passed quite quick, Noel and Liam went home. As Noel left he slipped me his number and walked out the door.

Guigsy stayed with us for another night.

I had my job at the shop tomorrow and even though the pay was shit i still needed the money.

I said goodnight to my brother and Guigs.

★★★

I slept in. As soon as i saw the time i rushed out put on my brothers trousers on and a top, quickly brushed through my hair and ran out the door.

I got to the shop and started my shift.

I was bored as anything. My shift was 9am- 4pm.

I could hear a massive crowd of rowdy teenagers come down the street and a group entered the shop.

I'm to tired for this crap. The drugs and alcohol still in my system i could barely think straight.

The rowdy group walked around the shop shoving a couple of things in their pockets. It wasn't until i met eye to eye with Liam.

He looked so pretty. His hair over his face and butterflies overcame me again.

"Char?" I hate it when Liam calls me that.

"Yer?"

"I didn't know you worked here love" The way he speaks has me head over heels for him.

"Yeah i do, jus' started today"

"Another one of the birds is it Liam?" one of his mates ask.

"Nah one of me' brothers. She'll be mine soon enough." he looked at me and winked.

I was too tired to show any emotion, at this point i wanted Liam and his friends to leave but dancing butterflies were created in my stomach.

"Tell em to put the stuff back" i say to Liam.

"What?"

"You think i was born yesterday, they have just been shoving stuff in there pockets." i looked at the group of boys, "Put the shit back"

"Yer hot n all love but you sure are a arse wipe, stay behind the till and act clueless, even pop a tit if your boss notices stuffs been nicked then he'd sure keep you workin for him" one of his mates say.

I couldn't care what they think of me or what they say to me, i need this job but what he said filled me with anger.

Liam butted in.

"Get to fuck man, shes r'kids bird treat her with respect" Liam snapped.

The boy stayed quiet, then looked back at me.

"Are you in a strop coz you got caught out? Put it back, your gunna get me fired" i said.

"Does it seem like we care?" is there reply.

Liam's disappeared from my eyesight but i don't care about him right now.

They continually shove more things in their pocket on purpose.

I walk away from behind the counter and walk close to the group of boys.

"If i have to repeat it, i can't lose this job"

I regret saying that. I made myself vunrable. They knew they had me rapped round there finger.

Anger was building inside of me. I've looked everywhere for a job and this is the only place that let me work here. Dad's giving us no money and Paul's so dead set on 'the bands gonna make us rich'.

This job was the only amount of income we had.

As they go to stuff more in their grim pockets i smack the chocolate bar out of the mouthy boys hand. I reach my hand into his pockets and grab everything i can.

"What do you think your doing bitch" he says as he looks me in the eye with pure aggression.

As i begin to put the things back he grabs my wrist and is about to slap me round the face, when he stops.

"Ah look, this bitch cuts herself" he says with a smile. As he raises my wrist in the air, showing everyone my faint scars. He's spotted my weakness. The rest of the boys laugh.

I can feel tears in my eyes start to form but don't let them out.

Liam appeared and yanked his mate away from me and grabbed him by the collar.

"What the fuck do you think your doing you knob head? To much of a pussy to start a with fight someone bigger than you, so you pick on a gal?Stay away from her you dickhead before i cave your face in, yer hear?"

It was scary when Liam was mad. His anger came out of his voice and i could tell by his face.

The boy stuttered.

He sent his fist into the guys face as he hit the ground groaning. He looked at the other mates as they started to put back what they had greedily shoved in their pockets. Liam kicked the boy on the floor in the groin and snatched his bag.

Me and Liam shared glances but i wouldn't hold it for longer than three seconds. My secret was exposed. I had never fully talked to someone about it. No one knew, not even my brother and now Liam did.

I walked over to the guy Liam had just punched and looked down at him. Just as i had done so his mates had stolen the money from the till.

They ran away laughing.

I ran over and checked, it was all gone.

"Shit, shit, shit"

Liam went after them and i could see in the distance him punching the shit out of them. His other mate slowly got up from the floor and wandered towards me.

"Im sorry" he said. I felt bad for the guy but also wanted to punch him in the face.

He got closer to me, and slid his arm around my bum. I knew what he was doing the sick bastard. I kneed him in the balls and watched him fall to the floor.

Why were people so sick?

It just turned 4:01pm and thats the time my boss Mr Scott takes over my shift.

"Hello Charlie!! How did todays shift go?" He says as he enters the shop. All the boys have left.

"Mr Scott some people came in and-"

"What happened to the money in the till?!" He shouted.

"I'm sorry sir a group of kids a second ago just took it."

Mr Scott was looking at me like he didn't believe me.

"Don't play any shit games here. I know full well what happened. This job is low pay but in the till theres over £300 you could take and not need to work. You and your shit brother are know for stealing around here and to think i gave you a chance!"

"Mr Scott, thats not what happened let me explain-"

"Fired."

"What?" i feel like bursting into tears.

I can see Liam in the corner of my eye walk slowly into the shop as Mr Scotts and i's conversation gets louder.

"I need this job! Me and my brother can barely afford our house and are hardly eating. I need this"

I can feel my voice rising.

"No can do sweetheart, i don't employ people i cant trust"

I throw my name tag on the floor in front of me and step on it. As i walk out i manage to knock the majority of the food off the shelves, as i exit the shop im met with Liam.

"Look-"

"Liam, can we just forget about it please"

"Sure love"

I look at him with a slight smile. I had just met Liam a few days ago and he already knows half of whats going on in my life and i hate it.

"Let me walk you home?" he asks. So i do.