Chapter 4

*For a moment, time had stopped for two boys in which their eyes have locked onto each other. Either expecting the other to speak or to dare make a move that will agitate either of them. As time resumed to its normal flow, Metarou becomes the first to speak with an unbridle rage

What the hell are you doing here?!?! GET AWAY FROM HER!!

*The familiar green haired boy ran up to Touma in a fit of rage. Still surprised by the revelation, Touma didn't try to defend himself. Nor was this even worth it. The now deranged and deluded green haired boy pushes the imagine breaker away from the corpse as Touma falls onto his bottom.

Of course Touma could just simply dodge that since he saw it coming. But ultimately, he chose not to. He took the hit from metarou and had him be near the skeletal corpse once again.

But that wasn't all what Metarou did... He then held the corpse within his hands and embraces it, rubbing the back head of the skull as if protecting and comforting it from harm. It was an almost disturbing sight to see...

*Metarou was mumbling something before he returns his widen gaze towards Touma who still sat at the spot where he was pushed to-

You... What the hell were you doing with Saiko...?! *Metarou demanded with a still unbridle rage in his tone. In the imagine breaker's view, he can see that the poor guy is still trapped in his delusions about that girl being alive.

What were you doing?!?! *The enraged Metarou asks again

*As for Touma's answer, he reluctantly responds while managing to gain some ounce of courage that filled within this mix of emotions that swirl around his mind. Disturbed. Fear. Frustration. All of them until they were toppled by his courage.

Although the sight of this scene is disturbing to look at, it will never change a thing if Touma just stares at it-

...Metarou. You...know that person? *Touma temporarily plays along with Metarou's delusions as he wanted to know more about this predicament and Metarou himself... The Metarou that is now conflicted and in grave trouble. If Touma doesn't act, he would see him back in that jumpsuit again before he's finally breath his last breath that hangs by a...

...Metarou responds. As Touma begun analyzing, his behavior took a very different direction from the usual stoic and reluctant behavior that he once had before.
He became more reactive. More bold and harsher in his responses. Also more defensive when that corpse is around him. Saiko, to be exact. It was as if the guy was filled with euphoric love... Love for someone who is already dead in their arms. And just as Touma thought of that, Metarou says something that proves it-

Of course I do!!

I...I love her.

She's my everything!

I'm her everything...

She's the one who makes me whole...and I'm the one who makes her whole...

and I'm the one who makes her whole