Chapter 43

When I woke up next very fine morning, a strange coldness engulfed me, it wasn't due to the atmosphere falling in degrees with each passing day but mainly due to the warmth from certain someone, whose embrace happened to keep me away from the harshness of climate as well as reality, was missing.

So, when waking up, I didn't find him next to me, a surprise drew upon me, as for him not being a morning person, I always woke up before him, and the very day it was turned upside down. Then, the soft sound of the running shower heard in the room.

He was in the shower.

Grumbling from my stomach ceased my speculations and urged me to put my energy into finding food to appease my belly. Lumbering, I ascended the stairs and then entered the kitchen. A delicious sweet smell presented thickly in the air persuaded me closer and closer to the place where has its strong existence. When I reached the counter, I saw the same housekeeper who I became well accustomed to filling the plates with fine food with her back facing me.

"Hello," I said to greet her and she leaped a little in surprise due to my sudden interruption while she was deeply concentrating on decorating the plate.

"I am so sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine," I walked further into the kitchen on another side.

Yes, this kitchen was that massive.

"Mr. Stallard had cooked for you and I was just going to bring it to the bed for you just like he instructed but I guess I am late now," she said, wiping her hand on the apron.

" It's alright, we can still do that, I can take the breakfast in the room," I smiled and she nodded.

The sound of the bell was heard and the lady excused herself for opening the door while I grabbed the tray which was beautifully adorned with delicious food and glided to Aiden's room. When I reached the room, the shower was still running, so with extreme patience, I controlled my urges to savor the food, whose pleasant aroma drifted around the entire room, and settled the food on the table.

A few minutes later, I saw the same lady at the entrance of the room with an envelope in her hand, I stepped towards her.

"This is for Mr. Stallard, can you please give it to him?" I nodded and took it from her hand, with a quick soft smile, she disappeared on the massive floor.

It was a plain blue color envelope, with nothing written except a name.

Faith.

Who is she? Why she was sending a letter to him? Numerous grave questions swirled in my head. The name sounded familiar and soon the recollection swelled in my head of the very first day when I stepped into Aiden's house and his room.

My feet carried me to the same shelf where Aiden and I had a feverish encounter and my hands brushed the same journal which has this customary name mentioned in it. Just before I can remove the book from the shelf a familiar deep voice rose from behind.

" You shouldn't have got out of bed I thought I will wake you with good morning kisses," I whirled around and caught the most spectacular glimpse of Aiden in his half-naked glory, just wearing the dark pair of jeans and droplets of water shining on his muscular body with a refreshing whiff of body wash lingering in the air.

I smiled.

Aiden ascended towards me and then kissed my forehead. My natural interest grew more to identify the person who had a place in his journal.

Faith certainly holds a significant place in his life, otherwise why would she send him a letter?

" Who is Faith?" I inquired, and then his eyes drifted to examine my entire face followed by my body and then my hands which clasped the blue letter.