"You cannot just turn your back on magic forever," he murmurs gently, glancing up, his silver eyes piercing mine, "Lily has a right to know who she is, and who you are."

Lily begins to wail, her attempts of getting her hands on Draco's wand futile.

"Magic killed everyone I love." I say, hurriedly crossing the room with my daughter's porridge before she starts a full on tantrum. "I won't let it destroy Lily like it did me."

"This isn't the answer." Draco says, taking the bowl from me, clearly keen to feed Lily himself. "She doesn't even know those that should love her. You're not just keeping her from magic, Harri, you're keeping her from her family."

"I am her family!"

I storm back to the kitchen to fetch her sippy cup.

"And what if something happens to you?" Draco calls after me. "Who does she have then? Look, Harri, I've no doubt that at the moment, you are all Lily needs. But that won't last forever. There are a whole bunch of Weasleys out there who will give her unconditional love if you would just let them."

I watch as he begins to feed Lily who greedily accepts each loaded spoonful of porridge he offers her.

"You can't make me go back." I say snappily.

"No, I can't." He glances up at me, something wicked glinting in his eye. "But nothing is stopping me from telling them."

I balk. "You wouldn't dare!"

"Oh, wouldn't I?" he drawls. "Potter, I seem to remember having a similar conversation with you in sixth year when you stubbornly refused to keep my secret."

"And then you Obliviated me!" I splutter, feeling so angry. "And right now I should do the same thing to you!"

"Shame you've given up magic, then," Draco shrugs nonchalantly. "As I said, there's nothing stopping me from going straight to them."

I glare at him, wanting to call him something very rude. But due to my daughter being there, instead I grit, "Would you like a tea?"

"Coffee if you've got some." Draco says, a smirk still flickering at his lips. "Black, no sugar."

"You take your coffee black now?" I ask in surprise, recalling how he used to put milk in practically everything.

There's a small silence as he scoops another spoonful of porridge up. And then he says, to my complete surprise, "I'm a vegan."

"You're a wot?!"

I laugh so loudly that Lily jumps. Draco Malfoy becoming a vegan is just hilarious to me.

"It's not funny, Potter." Draco grits between his teeth. "It's a lifestyle choice."

"Bollocks. You used to love your steak."

"Don't." He mutters, frowning. "What I wouldn't give to eat a cow right now."

"So, why don't you? Who's stopping you?"

He looks as though he's about to say something, but then changes his mind.

"You're very good with kids," I observe, leaning against the counter as I watch him do the aeroplane (or maybe in his case - the broomstick) to a delighted Lily. "Do you think you'll have your own some day?"

Draco's back stiffens. "Maybe. I don't know."

I sense an atmosphere, as though this question has somehow made him uneasy.

Not knowing what else to say, I busy myself around the kitchen making our coffees while Draco continues to feed my daughter her breakfast. She squeals in delight as he zooms the spoon over her head.