"Forgive me for giving a shit about you," he retorted. I kept a straight face. Even though the statement was like getting a dagger into the heart, I didn't show it.

I didn't have time to say anything to him because Tommy got his timing off for the first time in fucking forever. He came in at the wrong fucking time.

"Antonia, your family meets us at the Lee's at 6:00 tomorrow night." He told me. I nodded.

"Ok," I replied to him, still maintaining eye contact with John.

"After the wedding, we hit Giovanni at the factory his men are at." I turned my head to look at him. John scoffed.

"She made it quite clear that she didn't need help, Tom." John told his brother. He stepped closer to me, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Your last name's gonna be Shelby before you know it. Might as well start acting like one now." He pointed at me. It took everything in my body not to roll my eyes.

I got up from the table and walked out of the door. I mean, why the fuck did they always know what I'm thinking? I'm not going to marry a fucking Shelby. I won't get involved with the candy-asses. They get everything fucking handed to them.

--

Tony held the gun up to me as soon as I stepped foot in the house. I rolled my eyes. What a fucking cunt.

"Where'd Henry?" I asked him while putting my coat up.

"Why do you want me?" My uncles voice came from the kitchen.

Henry is 20 years old, and my mother is 42. My grandmother obviously didn't have much knowledge on how to have kids.

"Sit down." I told him as I poured whiskey into a glass. He sat down at the table, looking at me weirdly.

"Thomas Shelby-" he cut me off.

"You're dealing with Tommy Shelby?!" He almost yelled. What a fucking cunt. What a prick.

"Wear your nicest suit tomorrow at 6. You're gonna meet someone." I told him. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Meet someone?" He asked.

"Yeah. You're gonna meet the love of your life." I sipped on the alcohol. He scoffed in reply.

"What are you goin' on about?" He asked me. Is he fucking stupid?

"You're getting married. Congratulations." Tony came out of his room and patted his uncle on the back.

"Getting married?" My mother came into the room with a big smile on her face and hugged me. She looked to her brother, congratulating him.

As my smile faded, I saw a small girl walk into the kitchen. She couldn't have been more than 6 years old. She had long black straight hair and tan skin like the rest of us. My mother didn't seem sick like my brothers made her out to be.

"Momma?" The girl said, looking at my mother. Then it hit me. She was my fucking sister. Or half sister.

"Yes, honey?" My mother asked, crouching down

The little girl tilted her head at me, then her face shot up in excitement. She knew who I was from stories and pictures.

She walked towards me, then looked up into my eyes. "Is this Sofia?" She asked, looking back at our mother. Her voice was whiny as kids are, but I held back the tears in my eyes and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Antonia." I told her. She smiled and hugged my legs, my mother looked at me confused.

"Sof-" my mother started to say, but I cut her off.

I led her to a more private part of the shack they were in, coming face to face with her. She needed to know, and I didn't know how to tell her. I could get mad because she was here. I wouldn't come home, so she came to me.

"You can't use that name here." I told her lowly. She rolled her eyes.

"Your name is Sofia-" I cut her off again.

"You do not use that name here. Ever. I know dad was an ass, but I have to use my first name." I told her.

"At least tell me why. We traveled for months to get here, and you're mad. Why?" She asked me.

"I'm involved with some very dangerous people, mama-" she cut me off.

"Sofia, you get out of that mess right now!" She yelled. I love my mother. I love my mother. I love my mother.

"Dangerous people don't mean bad people, mama." I reassured her. "Your brother is going to bring peace to the family, so after he gets married tomorrow, there will be peace. I promise." I told her.

"Promise me you'll cut them off Sofia. I don't want two dead kids." She told me while grabbing my hand. She never really understood how I didn't like people touching me.

"Mama, I like them. They're good people in bad business." She sighed, pursing her lips.

"I will never forgive you for leaving. But if you get anyone hurt, I will kill you. You've done enough damage to this family." She started walking out of the hallways. She looked back at me, looking up and down.

"Antonia."