"You like doodling, right? You can always do something like Architecture or even Fashion Designing. I'm sure your quirk will also be very useful for that!" Your sister added this time, and you nodded quietly.

It was true. With a quirk like yours, you'd be better off in an art field. Your family seemed too enthusiastic to help you, that you didn't have the heart to tell them that you wanted to be a hero...

But who are you kidding? A useless quirk like yours isn't cut out for hero work, so why even bother mentioning it and then getting embarrassed when they tell you how dumb of an idea it is, to your face?

"I'll think about it... I still wanna think a bit about my options a bit more, if that's okay?" Your family, of course told you that it was much better. The more time you take to think, the better you can think of your choices and actions.

So you chose to mindlessly ask Todoroki as you both were working on preparing a few microscope slides with the given bacteria colony, "Todoroki-san?"

He hummed while placing a drop of sterile saline on the slide to add the colony of bacteria. He never faced you as he kept working, but his hum was a sign for you to keep talking, "Do you... know what you want to do after middle school?"

He stopped.

Slowly, he turned to you and tilted his head, "Like... for high school?" You nodded, "Yes... I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do so I figured I'd ask around, just to get a general opinion..." Seeing how he remained silently staring at you, you quickly added, "I-It's fine if you don't want to tell me, I get it! We're not close enough to be sharing our plans-"

"UA." He simply answered and turned back to the slide.

"UA? Like, the hero course, right?" He nodded at your question and you nodded to yourself.

"Oh... Good luck, then. I'm sure you'll be an amazing hero" His eyes widened and he gave you a side glance as your conversation seemingly ended. But then, the unthinkable happened.

He spoke up first.

"What about you, [Last Name]?" You just told him you have no idea what you want to do.

"I... don't know. My sister suggested something like architecture or fashion, I'll be able to use my quirk well in such a field." He seemed quite intrigued, "Your quirk?"

You hummed as you turned the color of your pencil case from brown to pink to demonstrate, "I can change the color of things. It's useful to get the right color during chemical titration, haha..."

"Oh... That is quite useful in an art-related field."

"Yes, but I'm not sure if I want to do that..." You admitted and he looked at you in question, raising an eyebrow.

"Why not? It's pretty good."

You didn't wanted to admit that you wanted to become a hero, despite how silly your quirk was. And knowing how blunt Todoroki was, you knew he wouldn't hesitate in insulting you, even if it's indirectly.

"Hmm, I don't know. Maybe you're right." In the end, you were the one who ended the conversation, realising that you would much rather not tell anyone.

————

It happened when you were running some errands for your sister.

The scene looked straight out of a cliche action manga. The bully was standing while the main character was on the floor. A typical case of bullying to give more backstory and character development to the main character.

But the only problem was that the scene in front of you wasn't from a manga, it was real. As a blonde spiky haired guy produced sparks from his hands, a greenette boy cowered on the ground. You couldn't find it in you to just leave the kid being bullied, alone. Sure, Rae was never physical, but you felt like bullying was something that you've experienced and it was never a good experience, no matter if it is physical or not.