23: I'm So Ready.

Start bij het begin

"It's a beautiful room..." I mutter under my breath, but an arm stretching out from behind me catches me off guard.

"It is," his voice is much closer than I anticipated, the warm air of his breath brushing along the ends of the back of my hair brings an additional beat to my frantic heart.

His arm wraps around my shoulders, guiding me toward the hallway to our right where the master bedroom is and I gasp at the beautiful four-post bed standing proudly against the center of the far wall. Royal blue bed sheets are neatly tucked into the sides of the bed and the light coming in from the windows to the left of the room makes the place that much more majestic.

His arm releases me in order to place his duffel bag at the edge of the bed, "looks like we'll be sharing a bed,"

Wait, what?

I look around again, noticing a sliding door and inconspicuously jog over to reveal a bathroom. I look back out of the bedroom and see no other hallways or doors, "are you sure there isn't another bed somewhere?" I hesitantly ask. I really don't trust myself, nor my libido, to be sharing the same bed as him, or any three of them for that matter.

"Does the idea of sharing a bed with me horrify you that much?" A hint of a certain something in his voice as he turns back to me with calm eyes.

I immediately stop in my tracks, finally noticing how hurtful my words and actions can come across. I blink multiple times, trying to think of what to say, but before I can get the jumbled words out he guides me back out to the open area and towards a door I couldn't see from the bedroom right by a large painting behind the living room.

"Here," he whispers, opening it to reveal an equally nice, but smaller, bedroom. At first, relief floods me, but as soon as his footsteps start retreating I look up at him and realize that the something I heard in his voice earlier, could be sadness...

I watch his back move with his large strides until he disappears around the corner and I slump down onto my bed feeling so disappointed in myself. I'm overthinking things again and it really hurt someone's feelings this time...

I already know what I'm going to do and my heart agrees rather quickly. My head, not so much, but I'm going to ignore it for the time being. I'm in a whole other country with people I care about a lot. I'm attending an event that I used to dream of going to five years ago. Not only that, but I'm in a city where my parents fell in love all over again...

I won't let my restlessness stop me from enjoying this to the fullest.

With my mind made up, I wait until we both finish the pizza we ordered before taking matters into my own hands. Sebastian barely looked up at me the entire time we ate, but he wasn't mad or hostile at all, he just looked so... downtrodden. It looked as if he was carrying the entire world on his shoulders with the way they were so unusually slumped, unlike his air of confidence he typically holds around himself.

After waiting about ten minutes since his door closed across the room, I steel my nerves and get into my pajamas. I carefully open my door, the cool touch of the handle sends a tingle through the palm of my hand. In the quiet of the night, the sounds of my clothed feet thumping against the hardwood flooring echoes around the space. The lively buildings right outside sends various flares of light throughout the room, illuminating random things surrounding me as I tiptoe past the kitchen island.

I inhale deeply through my nose and subconsciously hold it while entering the master bedroom as quietly as humanly possible. His breathing figure is snuggled comfortably underneath the thick duvet and it takes everything in me to not stand still and admire his, now, calm features. It doesn't take me long to reach the empty side of the bed and I manage to easily slip into the covers as well without accidentally brushing against him and waking the man.