18: Admitting These Things Called: Feelings

Winter break is officially coming to an end and everyone is rushing about the day before we're all meant to see each other again. It's the Sunday before our first day back at work and because the guys have actually been on a trip around a part of Europe the entire two weeks, I haven't seen them at all.

Apparently, they met up with Asher's family in Spain during the first few days, so he was super excited about that.

All that aside though, them being gone for a while left me to my own thoughts, which I definitely needed more than I expected. Sebastian's words at the party, and everything else leading up to that point, has left me with more questions to last me a lifetime. Whatever he meant by that is still beyond me and I don't think I have the courage in me to question him about it any further.

The idea of distancing myself did cross my mind, but if I'm being honest, I don't want to. Nor do I think it would last particularly long even if I tried. The unnecessary effort I would need to put in to not cross paths with them is just ridiculous as our jobs interconnect and I couldn't give up the café like that.

Not to mention the fact that I have also come to the conclusion that I do like them. So, why would I avoid people I like being around? As friends, of course! Sure, ignoring my growing attraction towards them will be difficult, but I'll manage.

Speaking of not being able to avoid interactions with them, I'm currently sipping on my late afternoon tea while chatting back and forth with Jas as she rings up more customers.

Like I thought, a big influx of customers started coming after that post the one guy posted went semi-viral. It was especially noticeable during the break when a lot of students started coming, even apologizing to me for not being able to visit the café sooner due to exams. I couldn't for the life of me understand what compelled them to say "sorry," to me as many times as they did...

So to say a lot of adjustments on my part have been made during my break would be a bit of an understatement. I'm so grateful for the growing support, don't get me wrong, but adjusting definitely uses up quite a bit of energy.

I've been slowly getting used to the in-person attention being thrown my way and, with some advice from Alexis, I'd like to think my interactions with everyone is getting a bit better each time. I do feel a bit awkward still, but Jas says I'm doing amazing, so I'll take her word for it.

"Noah?" An unfamiliar voice, a rather sweet and excited one at that, calls out my name from the entrance and both Jas and I stop our conversation about which fruit is the best summer snack.

Watermelon all the way, no doubt about it.

A guy, a little taller than myself, sporting an inviting smile jogs up to us. He has this expression that I've gotten to see more often lately that tells me he recognises me, so I resist the instinct of furrowing my brows and plaster an equally wide smile on my face at the idea that he might be an online friend. I don't like calling the people who support me fans or followers, it sounds kind of... rude when I say it like that. Besides, I really do think of them all as friends. Us starting to meet in person strengthens that notion.

"I'm so happy you're actually here!" He reaches out to shake my hand and I move out of my seat to properly greet him. Before I can get a chance to say anything, he shuffles over to the chair across from me. I manage to sneak a confused glance in Jas' direction right as she shrugs at me. "I have a question for you!" His cheery voice continues once he slips his fluffy sweater off.

"Uh, okay, ask away," I get comfortable in my own chair again while he hits the red button on his buzzing device. He flips his phone so that it's facing downwards before continuing.