Chapter 35: Give In To Me

Start from the beginning

Not that it is a competition.

On Monday, we woke up early after a glorious night of... kissing.

"Good morning, boys. Did you sleep well?" Mom inquired once Harry and I entered the dining room. Spencer and my siblings were already there.

"Good morning, mom. Yes, we did. Every night by my mate's side is a gift." I replied, trying to hide my dissatisfaction with a smile.

Harry grinned at me romantically.

"Good morning, Luna. I feel exactly the same." He said in a chipper tone.

"Good. I'm glad everything is going well between the two of you. I know how much this means for you, son." Mom commented with a content smile.

"How was your Sunday, Spence? I didn't see you coming in last night. You skipped dinner." Harry called him out, causing a blush to color his cheeks.

"I had already given notice to the kitchen staff that I had dinner plans." Spencer explained, sideways glancing at my mom as if she was the food sheriff.

"That's not what I meant by that. I'm only asking about your day off with Ares." Harry elaborated, detecting a defensive tone in his voice.

"It was wonderful. He took me to all his favorite spots in town. I'm really enjoying getting to know him and his world." He replied, swooning at the thought of Ares.

Talk about a match made in heaven...

All of us couldn't help but get infected by Spencer's radiant joy. This is NOT the same boy who arrived here for Harry's birthday.

But then again, he was a grieving widower. Now he is mated once more. Though that doesn't mean he forgot about his first mate. There will always be a scar left on his heart from the terrible loss.

"I'm so happy for you, my friend. I'm glad you two are getting along so well." Harry cheered.

"I know, right? It's like we were born for each other." He snickered. The breakfast was infected by Spencer's joy and all of us were smiling inside the dining room.

After I brushed my teeth, I went to my office to get my day started. A pregnant Lourdes greeted me along the way and her eyes seemed focused on something on my neck.

"I think it's a hickey." I said, since she seemed distracted by it.

"I see. Good for you, Alpha." She grinned mischievously at me.

I entered my office and got buried in paperwork to distract myself from wanting my mate to surrender to me.

I took the time to text Gustavo asking him to stop by the pack house after lunch. I needed to talk to him and it wasn't something I could speak with Ares or Rhiannon about.

An hour later, I arrived at the training center for my weekly session with Delta Saunders.

All the warriors present bowed their heads to me. I see Rhiannon training not far from her father. Ares was bragging about his mate to some other warriors. In fact, you couldn't find a happier person in the entire gym.

"Good morning, Alpha." Delta greeted me, bowing his head.

"Good morning, Delta. I've never seen your son so happy like this." I said, glancing at Ares on the other side.

"Me neither. I thought he'd be a little more troubled by the second mate thing, but he's not fazed at all." He said, sounding surprised.

"Though it took me a while to see, I can totally understand why the Goddess chose to mate someone for a second time. She sees everything and everyone, so she knew how badly Ares wanted an Omega for his mate. She produced one for him. A young, smart boy from a good family. I know why Ares is unfazed by this. It's because he finally got everything that he always wanted." I said, insightfully.