Chapter 29: Lights Up

Harry

I woke up having had the best night's sleep ever.

Granted, it wasn't as good as when my mate and I went down on each other, but I was able to finally rest my mind on the comfort that is being properly mated.

Not properly bonded, sure. But I've accepted my mate and he accepted me, though in not so many words but I am pretty sure he does. I couldn't resist sleeping on his bed last night.

His sweet scent is more calming to me than any herbal tea. More beneficial to my health than any medicine. I just basked in his warm embrace and drifted off to sleep. Honestly, I was in heaven under the protection of his arms.

"Happy birthday, Harry. May the Goddess always keep you happy, healthy and preferably in my bed." Landon wished me as we woke up together. Funny enough, we did nothing except kiss last night, but I had the best of times.

"Thank you, Landon. I really appreciate your patience with me. Thanks for being the best mate I could have ever asked for." I said, swooning at him.

We kissed each other, then I had to get back to my room to change clothes and brush my teeth before breakfast. Unfortunately, I couldn't escape the "walk of shame" throughout the long hall between the guest wing and the Alpha wing of the pack house. Though I don't particularly care that people think I spent the night with my mate, I am not breaking any laws.

After I completed my morning routine, I am ready to face the Barnetts and everything the day has in store for me. Or so I thought.

When I entered the dining room for breakfast, all the Barnetts gave me a hug and wished me a happy birthday. But the best one is the little girl, Ella. She is so freaking adorable. My brother also wished me a happy birthday.

"Are you sure it's okay that my birthday can be celebrated here, Luna? I don't need anything fancy." I told her, still a bit apprehensive about the dinner party in my honor.

"Positive. It's not gonna be anything fancy. Just a three course meal for your family and friends." Luna said, smiling radiantly at me. I could tell she was glad to do it, so I am happy that she is happy.

"Is my mate coming too, Alpha?" Aaron asked Landon in a low tone, tentatively.

Landon turned to glance at Aaron, who was sitting by my side and across from him, with a frown.

"I have invited her, of course. If she's coming with you here, that's another matter." He replied in a dry tone. I felt the sting in that answer, but it's best if we don't sugar coat it with these things.

My brother lowered his head, sorrowfully. I cannot help but feel bad for him. We may butt heads a lot, but I want him to be happy. He is my brother and will always be.

"Hang in there, Aaron. I'm sure everything is gonna be fine in the end. Just be respectful of her process. Be present if she needs you, but don't push her. Whatever you do, don't push her!" I told him in a hopeful tone.

"I know, Harry. I'm not pushing anything onto anyone. I would just like to be near her if I'm allowed." He spoke in a saddened tone.

"Right now the best thing that you can do is to try to give her some space. If she wants, she knows where to find you." Landon chimed in, thoughtfully.

"I appreciate the advice, Alpha. I promise you I'll leave your house after tonight." Aaron said, awkwardly. Luna Felicia glared at her son, who felt the mom glare.

"I wasn't throwing you out of our house, Aaron. I meant to give Rhiannon some space. Stay for as long as you want." He was quick to amend, uncomfortably.