interlude: where the conversation between time and space comes to an end

"Alright, I've got good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?"

"There is enough bad news out there in time. Let's hear the good news first."

"Okay! So, remember the survivor Cookie you told me about a while back? I finally found them."

"That is good news indeed! Where are they?"

"Uh, that's where the bad news comes in. You see... Earthbread is uh, kinda under attack by Dark Enchantress right now. They went through a portal I couldn't trace."

"Oh, that is not ideal at all. What will you do about this?"

"Sorry, what will I do about this? I came to you because I thought you'd have the answers!"

"Oh dearie, you flatter me. However, I do not have all the answers."

"What?! Hey, I thought your entire deal is that you know everything!"

"That is true! But Darkness has a tendency to distort even time itself. You were not able to pass through the past battles for the same reason. I do control the timelines, yes, but there are parts of Darkness even I cannot access."

"Oh, jelly... What do we do now? We're supposed to be the Time Balance Department! We can't let Darkness destroy this timeline! Is there anything you can see right now?"

"I can try! What is the name of that Cookie you found? Or, just describe them."

"I think their name is Bittermelon. They have long, white-ish hair that fades into orange and they wear a green poncho. Is that good?"

"Excellent! Now, hold on for a moment..."

"..."

"Hm, this is quite interesting."

"It's never a good thing when you say that... what's wrong?"

"You remember the little one — Gingerbrave, right?"

"How could I ever forget? How's he doing — wait. Oh, no! Did something happen to him?"

"Not yet! I see him with Bittermelon; they seem to be in... the human world! How delightful! But yes, as I was searching for your description I stumbled across a certain future. Let me just say, our little friend may end up untraceable in Darkness if you do not act quick enough..."

"WHAT?! Then what are we waiting for just sitting here talking? How do we get to him?"

"We can both travel through time. Passing through another world should be no issue."

"Sounds good to me! Let's go!"