interlude: how evil incarnate coped with teenage years by committing genocide

the title of this chapter in full was supposed to be "how the evil incarnate coped with "it's not a phase mom" by committing genocide and manipulating children" but it was too long and wattpad didnt allow it... sighs. whatever LOL

***

"Hello, dearie! Back again so soon?"

"Soon—? It's been an entire week... ah, whatever! Anyway, I got really interested in the First Cookie, so I tried to travel and see if I could witness her appearances through the timeline myself."

"And what happened?"

"The dark disturbances in which she made a public presence... they blocked me from accessing those time periods. I don't think my machine is strong enough to travel through these anomalies just yet. So! I came here because you've mentioned seeing those events, right?"

"I have, in fact! Which one do you want to hear about?"

"Okay, so there were a couple major events that were on the roster... but the one that's most curious to me is that her most recent significant appearance was just a few years ago in this timeline. But it's strange — since there were no written records of any destructive event within that time frame. What happened?"

"Ah... you mean the Dark Massacre! Yes, yes, I remember when I viewed that incident!"

"Ex-Excuse me? A massacre?"

"Yes! In just one day, she was able to completely wipe an entire village off the maps of Earthbread! Oh, that battle was a fantastic sight to watch!"

"What in the seafoam... how did she even do that? Is it possible to have that much power...?"

"She did not do it alone! The dark overlord had two assistants in which she commanded... Yes, if I remember correctly, she sent out these two at first to take control of the village residents as bait before lending them great amounts of her power to fight against the Legendaries."

"Hold the phone — even the Legendaries got involved? Could you back up a little?"

"Oops, hehe! You know I tend to skip through things a lot. I forget that you weren't there to see it yourself. With that being said — Yes, the entire plan was to take over the village in order to lure the Legendaries into a fight. She lent her powers to her helpers and asked them to first get the villagers under their control, which would attract the attention of the Legendaries. Then, after they arrived on scene, she entered in her full form to fight them. She dispersed her power amongst her helpers for maximum efficiency!"

"She took on all of the Legendaries at once? Was she really that strong?"

"Oh, she sure did believe she was! But alas, her power was not sufficient to take care of the Legendaries. One of her helpers fell in battle, and that's when her advantage started to wane... Once it was evident that victory would not be on her side, she used a portion of her power to destroy the village, then escaped with her remaining helper. They say there was only one villager who survived the wipeout."

"Wait! This is a lot to take in! First of all — what happened to her helper? Did they crumble? And second... What happened to the survivor? Are they still around?"

"No, and yes! The helper was injured and banished to another realm by the Legendaries, but the survivor is still around on Earthbread."

"Oh... I do wish the survivor is okay right now, but... would it be bad of me to be concerned for the helper? I don't know. I know they did a really bad thing, but that's still some pretty harsh treatment."

"There would be something to be concerned over. Last time I listened in on a past timeline, I heard that she intends to 'take back what she gave.' This means that he still holds the power that she lent."

"I see... Maybe one day I'll be able to reach both of them and ask them about this, if they're both alright with it..."

"Hehe, have fun finding them, then!"

"You're not going to tell me where they are?"

"Why would I? Searching is half of the fun!"

"Ah — why did I think you would have anyway? It's fine, I suppose! I will leave you alone for now. Oh — by the way, did you see where my sandwich went? I just bought one this morning and it disappeared off my desk..."

"I have no idea about that."

"Alright, but just tell me if you know anything about it, alright? Thanks and bye!"

"Until next time!"

...

"I do know that your sandwich tasted delicious, though!"