interlude: every edgy teen has got to have a tragic backstory right?

original title: every edgy teenager has got to have some sort of tragic backstory right? or is it just me

sorry for the long wait! this is a short interlude, but i'll hopefully upload the next long chapter soon. school is starting again for me and with other projects i have in progress, i might not be able to update monthly as i originally set myself to do. still, i hope you all can still enjoy!

***

We all know the story of the Dark One, but the tale of her creation has been lost in time through eons and eons of forgotten fables. I would have almost forgotten it myself if I had not looked into the recorded events in the Wizards' Library.

She was created just like the rest of them with dough, ingredients, and a sprinkle of magic. However, unlike most modern Cookies, her creators did not just make her for fun or to test out some spells — they had a clear goal in mind to build her into a weapon of mass destruction.

We Cookies are different from humans: we are not made of flesh and blood, but rather crispy dough and jam. At first glance, we may seem weaker than humans, but our hard bodies permit us to harness magic and power in ways they cannot. We do not feel pain as strongly as they do, and these reasons are precisely why the Witches Council needed her. This is why Sea Fairy and I were created as well.

With her concentrated darkness, she was able to learn dangerous spells and rise to the top with her training. But even still, she became tired of all the witches controlling her and ordering her around. She was never able to do what she wanted. Her feelings were never considered, and her words never listened to. To the witches, she was just a tool for their own takeover.

There was one witch in the Council who truly treated her like a being with feelings. This witch promised to help her and break her out of the Council's rule, filling her head with affirmations and encouragement. For a long time, she believed the kind witch's words, biding her time until she could finally make her breakout with the witch's help. What she didn't know was that the witch was secretly working with the City of Wizards and Sugarteara to start building their forces against the other witches.

On the day the resistance plans were exposed, she was furious to find out about two new Cookies being created specifically to oppose her. Enraged from the betrayal, she finally broke out of the witches' control and wreaked havoc at the Council, stirring up chaos upon her escape.

At this point, she was entirely blinded by fury, having finally snapped from ages of being restrained. She immediately moved to wipe out Sugarteara, ensuring their creation can never be properly trained to stand up against her. The City of Wizards, being further away, had more time to train me and leave behind final instructions before she arrived.

Ever since, she has been leaving a destructive trail of suffering and violence, utilizing everything the witches have trained her to do.

Any common Cookie would fear her and her ability to wipe civilizations and harvest power, and they would be correct to feel that way. What most Cookies do not know is that the reason she is always in search of power is because she is attempting to collect as much magic as possible to one day finally face the Council and wipe out the remaining witches for good.

I will admit I am not complete enough to face her on my own — which is why I need you all to form a team with me. With our powers combined, we have a chance of stopping her before she causes more destruction to the Cookies and witches.

Let us set aside our differences and fight towards this common goal; does that sound good?