[5] Never Been Better

Alexandra

"What's a place like this doing in a guy like you?" I smirked and crossed my arms. He chuckled.

"Are you capable of heading home alone?" he asked.

"Pshh, duh."

"Give me your address, I'll call an Uber for you," he said pulling out his phone.

"I can't! I can't give my address to s-strangers!" I slurred. He sighed.

"I guess there's only one way to do this."

.

I woke up feeling something rising up my throat. My eyes widened as I got up and ran for the nearest door I could find and found the toilet bowl. The lights weren't turned on, but I could roughly make out what things were by their shape.

I felt someone approach me and pull my hair back and started rubbing my back. I almost screamed, but it's hard to when you have undigested food rushing out of your mouth. It was disgusting.

"Who are you?" I said without turning around.

"I'm Nathan," a familiar voice said. "We didn't really have a proper introduction."

He chuckled and tied my hair back with a rubber band.

"What's going on?"

"I'll give you some time to wash up. I'll explain when you're done," he smiled and left. The lights turned on and I saw how dreadful I looked as my eyes adjusted.

All kinds of thoughts ran through my head. Who was this guy? What am I doing here? What did he do to me? Despite all these thoughts, I had a feeling that he was an innocent guy.

I pushed those thoughts away and washed my face and mouth. I combed through my hair and tried to look as presentable as possible before I opened the door and walked out.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

The lights were turned on and the guy, apparently named Nathan, sat on the bed, shirtless.

"Never been better," I replied sarcastically.

"You should take a seat," I hesitated and he realized. "Oh, I'm so sorry. It's okay if you don't want to, you're probably really confused right now. I just want to make it clear that nothing happened," he smiled and I nodded for him to continue. "Okay, so this is my house, we sort of met yesterday at the Jinx Club. You were drunk, but I saw a guy drug your drink."

My eyes widened as I slowly backed away. He stood up looking worried.

"Look, everything's okay now. No one is going to hurt you." 

My back touched the wall just before tears started rolling down my cheeks. I felt a pair of arms gently wrap around me as Nathan pulled me into a hug.

"I couldn't help, but approach you. After that, you didn't want to give me your address so I brought you to my place. You passed out on the way here so I put you to bed. That's all that happened, I swear."

I stopped crying and looked into his eyes.

"Thank you," I said genuinely and hugged him again.

He looked shocked, but hugged back.

"I guess I should be heading home now. I'm so sorry for causing you so much trouble-"

"What are you talking about? It's two in the morning. Just stay until you've gotten enough rest."

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely," he chuckled. I sighed.

"I'm sorry you're still in that dress, I didn't feel that it would be right to..." He paused for a moment. "Change you," I blushed. "I'll get something for you to change into now, sound good?" I smiled and nodded gratefully.

He walked into his huge walk-in closet and came out a minute later with clothes in his hand. He smiled and told me that I can change in there if I wanted.

I put on a pair of sweatpants and a grey V-neck that probably belonged to him.

"Thank you so much for everything," I said as I folded my dress and placed it on the table.

"It's only the right thing to do," he smiled.

I shuffled over to the couch that was next to his bed, but he stopped me. "Please, take the bed. You had a rough night."

"No, I'd feel bad."

"Please," he placed his hand on my shoulder.

The headache I was having told me not to argue, so I sighed in defeat and rolled onto the bed.

"You better sleep here too. I'm not going to let you sleep on the couch," he blushed, but nodded and lied down next to me.

There was a few minutes of silence and I assumed he was asleep.

"Thanks again. I really don't know where I'd be if it weren't for you," I said softly.

"You're welcome," I heard a small reply before I fell into deep sleep.

.

I hope you like it so far!! Please vote! It'll help a lot, thanks guys! Also, tell me what you think. I'm open to constructive criticism (:

- Destiny