𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒

Start from the beginning

She threatened to expose the entire vampire civilization, and now she's a prisoner. There is no free speech for vampires, they have to keep the secret. No matter what. Bribe as many people as you need, kill whoever finds out, but do not let the secret get out.

I had to keep that secret now too. Anyone who wasn't a vampire from my previous life had to die to me. The Guards, the ones that were young and were stationed in the back of the Clocktower, they spoke about giving up their family and friends. Chrissy was my only family, the one person who I'd have called family if asked. The Cullens were my friends, some of my closest friends I'd ever had, but Chrissy, she was my best friend. She was family.

She didn't speak to me still, and my mind was growing inpatient as per usual. I couldn't remain calm for much longer.

Everything fell apart the night I died. Things crashed, things burned. I think that they're still burning. On the inside, my time with Chrissy flashed before my eyes. The good, the bad, the ugly.

All that was left was a selfish feeling of betrayal.

An absence of a yes means no.

---

I WAS IN A TERRIBLE MOOD WHEN I'D GOTTEN THE TEXT FROM CAIUS (AND BY PROXY, MARCUS) THAT THEY WANTED ME TO MEET JASPER AT THE FRONT GATES AND SHOW HIM AROUND.

They didn't seem to care that he'd allegedly already been to the Clocktower and Volterra many times in his life. It was the formality that mattered to them.

The only reason I wasn't pissed off was because I was so glad to be meeting up with Jasper. He was one of the best listeners to my issues, and me to his, back in New York. We were usually seen together with Rosalie and Emmett, and a few people in Carlisle's practice thought we were dating.

We weren't, to be fair. I've never had those kinds of feelings towards Jasper, and I don't think he would ever cheat on his girlfriend (although rumor has it they're actually married, which I would have never guessed) Alice.

Making my way down to the front entrance wasn't difficult since all windows had been shut due to the excessive sun coming in. Super speed mixed with anticipation made the trip quick and meaningful. The marble floors had just been cleaned, so I was careful to not slip and fall on my ass on the way over.

Knowing he was on the other side of the door, I opened it up, revealing the face of my old friend. Without hesitation I was wrapped in his arms and lifted off the ground for a hug.

God I missed this man.

"I've missed you so much," Jasper whispered as he shoved his face into my curled brown hair. "Things suck without you."

His accent was as thick as ever, clearly southern and lilted to sound so gentlemanly. I laughed and returned his hug, carefully wrapping my arms around his neck. "I've missed you too, cowboy."

I was the only one allowed to call him that, for obvious reasons. Rosalie used it as an insult to his style, and Emmett like to tease him for sounding much different than the rest of the family. But me? I never used it as an insult to any part of him, he was just a cool cowboy to me.

"I've missed your voice so much," Jasper admitted as he let me back down onto the ground. "Things haven't been the same without you. I couldn't believe it when Alice told me that you were mated to the Volturi Kings."