Chapter Thirty-eight

Zemela's POV

I was happy with Bryson and I, he apologized and said he likes me-he likes me!!

"Hey" Ruby smiled walking with me to my locker, she seemed tensed but was trying to play cool.
"Hi Zemela" Vaughn smiled placing a hand on my shoulder, she shared a look with Ruby.

I looked between them, "what's going on?" I asked my friends.
"He's a dick, I always knew it" Sadiki said with gritted teeth.
"..and what about her?" Vaughn shot at Sadiki.

Holden held his hands up, "all these" he gestured with his hands, "isn't necessary because we don't flock with either of them and they mean nothing to us" he said.
"What about Zemela?" Arlo asked.

Sadiki opened his mouth to say something but, I speak before he does, "Guys!" I looked between them, then around, some people were so focused on their phone-the type of focus that happens when something interesting is/has happening/happened while, some were staring and pointing at our friends group.

"Just tell her" Holden said sounding defeated.
Arlo sighed, he placed his phone on my palm, "watch for yourself" he said

I recognized the girl immediately, Skyler, my ex best friend was on a body, moving skillfully on a guy, she was naked too-it was a sex tape.

I don't get it.

Just as I was about to hiss and insult my ex best friend my eyes landed on the birds tattoo on the body. I knew who it was.

B.R.Y.S.O.N had sex with my fucking ex best friend! He had sex with her!

Arlo's phone fell from my hand. I ft my heart pass out.

"Zemela" Ruby whispered, "you sho_"
"Zemela! It's a set up I swear!" I looked up to see him, I didn't care that he looked like he had cried.

To hell with his tears!

"She doesn't need your words, your actions have spoken for you" Arlo spat.

"Arlo!" Ruby warned, "let him talk"

His calmness annoyed the living day light out of me.
He shook his head slowly, "what the fuck do you want to say?" I asked him, I hated myself for falling for him, I hated myself more for wanting to listen to his explanations.

"I'm not denying what you said but, I... I wasn't conscious, I wasn't aware I swear!"
"Your lies are already enough" Sadiki glared at him.
"I was drunk and high, she... Skyler" he paused, "she took advantage"

"You can check the video again, I was motionless" he shook his head, "you of all people should know I'd never lie, not for anything in this world!"

I scoffed, "yeah, you wouldn't tell a lie, then why didn't you tell me yesterday? Just yesterday you said you like me and I believed you, like the fool I am" I clapped, "I applaud you, I know fooling around with girls isn't a new thing for you but, why did you have to do it with my best friend! My best friend! Skyler! The girl you hated so much! The girl you told me not to trust!" I scoffed, I wiped my tears roughly.

"I should have listened to you when you told me not to trust people easily, I was a fool not to see you were referring to yourself too. If only I had known. You acted like you cared, you were there for me...God!.... You should join the drama club, you're such a good actor. You are the worst person ever! Skyler is a thousand times better than you!" I ran off to the library as fast as I could run. Ruby and Vaughn followed me.

"It's going to be fine" Ruby whispered.
"I don't know why I'm always the stupid one, I shouldn't have trusted him so easily after what that BITCH! did to me" I cried hugging her.

"It's going to be fine" Vaughn said.

"And I really believed him whe_"
"Shhhh" Ruby shushed me.

We stayed quiet, I refused to let Skyler and Bryson Griffin get the best of me, so I said, "let's go to class" once the bell went off.
I stood up, "are y_"
"I'm fine" I smiled at Ruby, "I'll be fine" I muttered to myself, I've always been fine.

At lunch we sat together at the outdoor cafeteria. Bryson Griffin wasn't in school no more so it wasn't hard to eat outside. Although I had to deal with Nolan Bamford's eyes on me-Bryson's best friend. He even tried approaching me but Holden didn't let him get any close.

In the bus to Mateo's cafe, Ruby and I sat side by side, Vaughn had family lunch so she couldn't drive us to work as usual.

"Hey Rory" Ruby picked her call, Rory is her elder brother, living in Kentucky, her mother and younger siblings are also in Kentucky. They moved when Rory got a better job, he told Ruby to stay back because she had just gotten scholarship into Bamford and that meant half (if not full with her grades and activities) ticket to an IVY league university, thinking of it, I think that's why my father wanted me in Bamford (little does he know, I have no interest what so ever to attend any IVY league university)

Back to Ruby, and that's why she has a job to pay her rent. "I'll be there tomorrow" she said before ending the call.

"What's wrong?" She looked worried.
"My mom collapsed. She's suffering from heart failure" her eyes watered.
"Oh my God! I'm so sorry" I remembered how my mom died, how she dropped dead beside me, breaking my arm with the force.

"I'll be going to Kentucky tomorrow"

I didn't want to sound or look selfish but, I couldn't help the tug in my heart when she said that.

I needed her by my side too, u won't be able to cope alone.

She knew what I was thinking, she squeezed my palm gently, "you'll be fine" she smiled.
"Vaughn, Sadiki, Holden and Arlo are here with you....I can give you my number so whenever you have access to a phone you call me" I didn't tell her about the phone Bryson gave me. Arggh! He used to be the only one I talk to and now.....

"I'm sorry" I apologized.
She clicked her tongue, "you don't need to be"
"She'll be fine, your mom" I said hugging her.
"Put her in your prayers"
"I would" I smiled.

"Ruby"
"Yes?"
"You won't break my trust would you?"
She shook her head, "I won't but, you don't need my verbal affirmation, people do lie. Just do what your heart says you should do, trust who it trusts" she said.

I felt she meant something else when she said that but, I let it slide because I couldn't listen to anything anymore.

I missed my mom the most that moment than ever before. My life sucked and I hated my life.

Arggghhhh!

+

See y'all 😊