Chapter 22: Pointlessness and misery

Couple of hours earlier...

"Feeling good enough to go into action?" Wilbur asked.

"Phil and Techno... Are they... Are they too...?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah. Are you mad?"

"No. It actually makes sense", the blond said as he pulled away.

He wiped his eyes into the sleeve of his vibrantly red hoodie.

"What now?" he asked.

"We could go and get more help. Maybe Crow and Blade", Niki said holding her cup of tea and slowly sipping it.

"Yeah... And Tubs and Ran as well. I know they're great vigilantes and being able to teleport will be valuable."

"Alright. Let's go get the other vigilantes and then dad and Tech", Wilbur said. "Is it still?"

"Yes. It's the same still", Niki responded.

Wilbur nodded as he walker over to one of the cabinets and opened it. He pushed aside the wooden wall to reveal a num pad. He typed in a code and across said cabinet the wall opened to reveal a closet with two costumes. The costumes of Siren and Oleander.

"Cool. All I have is this", Tommy pulled his goggles and headphones out of his back pack and put the on. "Well, suit up and let's go! I don't wanna waste too much time!"

"Alright, alright, give us a moment!" Niki giggled.

-

Back in the present...

"Got them!" Tommy shouted as he returned with a surprisingly small pile.

"Hm, I thought you'd've brought a bigger pile", Techno said as Tommy put the pile on the table.

"Eh, you don't have enough red that is to my taste, and besides, I know not to take too much. That's a basic", Tommy explained as he also sat down on a stool.

"Alright, let's see what you got 'ere", the pinket picked up a vibrantly red top piece that looked way too large for the blond. "This actually used to be mine. I can alter this one easily to fit you."

"What?! Really?! It used to be yours?!"

"Yeah. It did. But I soon realised that the red was too vibrant for my taste."

"Cool", Tommy leaned forward as Techno picked up another piece of gear.

"... Seriously? What's with you and casual clothing?"

"I don't wanna seem too fancy while doing vigilante work! The civilians would then just think I'm an asshole and a jerk and that I'm a vigilante just to show off!"

"Makes sense. I'll look through these and modify a pair to fit you", Techno said. "You can go back to the others to plan."

"Nah, I'd rather stay here. I wanna see what you're doing!"

"... Alright then."

-

"These are special earpieces. They are all individually unique, but serve the same purpose", Phil explained.

"With one exception being me and Techno, because one could argue that ours have no difference. The only difference is some barely noticeable carving on them!" Wilbur said.

"And now that you've started talking about me, how about you let Avian come in wearing the newest edition of his costume?" Techno walked in.

"Ooh, yeah!" Wilbur exclaimed. "Come on, I wanna see the amazing work Techno made!"