... 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

✧*̥˚ girl you do damage, to me *̥˚✧

'see my fit it's a fit, it's a fit, it's a fit...'

Fab, El, Devi and Kailani were in the middle of filming a cool video for TikTok before Oliver allowed his hormones to get the best of him which inevitably caused a bit of tension between them. Oops.

The four were currently checking the analytics of their video but were rather disappointed to find out the two likes that had were both from Eleanor's dad who was trying to get her to like Sharon, her new stepmom. Devi was pretty bummed out that Paxton hadn't interacted yet even though they weren't really on speaking terms currently, but you know, hormones.

The truth was Paxton and Devi were kinda, nothing because of what had happened. That's why she wanted to post the video. Kai had a suspicion that was the case since they never spoke at school, but who was she to judge. Deep down she has had a crush on Paxton since, Maybe the third grade, but because Devi also had one she couldn't act on it because that would make her a bad friend, and her heart could take that label.

── ──
Stepping into class, about to take her seat behind Ben, Kailani noticed a pair of eyes staring at her head. Turning around to see where it was coming from, she turned to see Paxton Hall-frikin-Yoshida staring at her but she broke eye contact immediately. That was odd.

'What if Anne Frank had an iPhone?' Mr Shapiro looked at the kids before him, eyes sparkling. Does that guy even teach? Continuing with his boring talk about the second world war or something, Kailani was about to fall asleep, before Mr Shapiro instructed them to break up into groups of four. Kailani was initially going to join her friends in a group, however Paxton, yeah THE Paxton asked her if she wanted to join their group.

'Um I would love to but you know what, you should definitely pick Devi because she's like so much smarter than I am yeah?' she tried want offering. She wasn't going to lose a friendship because of some guy so setting her friend up seemed like a better option.

'Oh, okay Devi, you up?'

'Uh yeah sure, I can make that work.' she stuttered out.

'Cool'

wait. Did Paxton want Kai in a group with him. I thought he liked Devi. That's shocking. As you can see Kailani hates being the bad friend in any situation. I mean who else in their right mind would turn down down a chance to hang out with their long time crush just to not make their friend feel bad.

'Okay so does anyone not have a group?' Mr Shapiro clarified which caused Eve and Ben to raise their hands, although Ben wanted to work alone because of who knows what.

'Hey Benjamin, stop dick riding and just join the group with us. You're not special' Kailani told him from behind just loud enough for the entire class to hear.

'Sir are you not going to say anything about that' he complained to the professor

'Kailani, stop saying mean things, Ben, you need to join the group with the five of them or you will get a zero. End of discussion.'

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
'So guys we should probably meet later to discuss. How about my place. My mom is at some retreat and my dad has work so i'm empty.' Ben stated in an attempt to work with these 'dunces'

'kay, what time' Eleanor inquired

'6 is fine. So are we good'

'Yeah' echoed through the group before they continued to their next classes.

Later, at Ben's place they did some brainstorming, coming up with some ideas and agreeing to meet tomorrow again even though Ben was being a bitch. Kailani stayed for a little while waiting for her mom to pick her up. So she tried making some small talk.

'So Benjamin, 'sup'

'First of all please don't call me that. Second of all, I'm fine I guess.'

'so weird question right, but would I be the asshole if I liked a guy my friend also does, or would they be in the wrong because I technically asked them first?' Kailani was nervous. Why was she even asking Ben in the first place. What does he even know about having friends.

'Um not sure. I mean neither of you own the guy. So no you won't be an asshole. You would only be one if you asked him out while they were dating dating' wow, does Ben Gross really good relationship advice?

'Oh thanks man. Sorry for what I said earlier. It was really mean of me and you really didn't deserve that.' She apologized. What Kailani didn't notice was how close their faces were getting and how much tension was in the empty room. Did she like Ben? No. He was a dickwad and a weirdo. Beside if anyone was going to get him, it was Devi because yk academic rivals or whatever and he had a girlfriend so that would be really weird and-

'Ding dong'

Saved by the Bell, literally.

'Uh, that's me. Thanks for hosting tonight. Your ideas weren't half bad.'

'No problem.'

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

Party Time!!! Because Trent's parents were out of town, that obviously meant a rager and Kailani was unofficially officially invited. Trent yelled it in the cafeteria and said they everyone was invited, so that included her. Putting on a black cropped top and a plaid skirt she left the house after successfully convincing her parents to let her go to the party after potentially lying that adults would be there. Technically the seniors are adults so it wasn't lying.

The party was kinda lame other than the fact that Devi was also there. At least she had someone there to keep company. What was crazy that was Ben was there, yea the Ben she kinda, almost kissed. What was he doing here. No one here really liked him so that was kinda crazy.

The rest of the night was kinda boring aside from the dizens of cans of beer she drank to attempt to rid herself of any lingering feelings she had for any mediocre white (or half white) man.

Drink after drink, she started to feel like Rue from Euphoria, one of the many characters from the show she related herself to (other than the drug addiction of course.). Her vision started to blur and she was pretty sure she was tripping. She was still tripping but she she heard some commotion from outside where she saw DEVI? Was Devi Vishwakumar being lifted by Paxton with blood running from her shoulder. Yeah, she just got mauled by a coyote, at least that's what she was told. Kailani wanted to follow her friend to the hospital but she was too drunk for that so she asked some rando that was next to her to give her a ride home where she obviously hid from her parents. She then checked all her socials where she saw a lot of rumors that her best friend was dead. Then she saw a post from Paxton. Devi was with Paxton in the Hospital. Together.

I'm too drunk for this shit. She thought to herself.

The next morning was a little better and she wasn't as drunk as she thought. But it was now time for the presentation. They presented on and app that gives a forecast and they did good great even. Which was great. Life was great. Right? Right.

✧*̥˚ but i love it, yeah i love you*̥˚✧

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──