... 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝

TW: Suicidal thoughts and self harm

⇢ ˗ˏˋ they watch me like I'm a new movie ࿐ྂ

ੈ✩‧₊˚

How does someone's life go from a fairytale to a total shitshow in 24 hours ? By someone spreading a (true) rumor about you being a suicidal, self harming slut. Kailani no doubt had her issues but did a pretty good job of hiding them so when a kid in her AP Physics class asked her to see her cuts, she was pretty confused. How did they find out about it. Who told them. She hadn't told any of her friends about her struggles before so how did this person find out. She first called her mom and cried about it to her, then went along with her day praying that no one would ask her about it, which was successful, aside from the pitiful and judgemental looks from others.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

'Devi Vishwakumar ,please report to the Principal's office'

Kailani sat in the office, face stained with mascara from crying all day awaiting her friend. She'd told the principal Devi was her friend and would be very supportive throughout the entire situation. If only she knew what happened at the relay. Devi in a fit of anger about Aneesa began to call Kailani for support but she didn't pick up causing Devi to call her a 'suicidal, cutting, slut' in front of the popular girls who started the rumor. Devi agreed to help find out who the culprit was under the guise of helping her friend, even though she knew she was the reason all this was happening.

First, they went to Michael, her Therapist's son's friend who also went to Sherman Oakes, but he had no clue who the two girls were and even apologized to Kai after learning she struggled with these things. Kailani suggested they tried asking the person who told her and then backtracking but Devi quickly shut her down, so they went to the Lunch room to brainstorm and tell the others what happened.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

So Fabiola and Eleanor both suggested the idea that Kailani also suggested, so after lots of convincing, Devi agreed to this plan.

'Okay Kai who was the person who told you?' Devi asked.

'Um I don't know her name but it was a girl in my Physics class, short, Asian , she had a bag of hot cheetos in her hand-'

'Mei!' Eleanor interrupted 'So we'll start firm her.'

Voice lowering, Devi asked 'Wait you're joining in on this too?'

'Duh this is like my whole life now' Eleanor responded reaching her hand out to comfort Kailani.

'Great' Devi frowned.

ੈ✩‧₊˚
While her friends were talking about something, Kailani followed them in ther investigation, more concerned with how she was going to continue after this.

'Hey look there's Mei! ' Fab exclaimed running up to him causing the rest of girls to follow.

'MeiMei, I was informed you were the one who told Kailani about the rumor, any words' Devi interrogated the Pinoy girl.

'No I didn't. I asked her to see her cuts because I heard from someone she cuts herself. I don't hide shit. By the way can I ?' She finished turning her gaze to Kailani. 

'No, their on my inner thigh, also that's weird of you to ask.'

'Oh sorry'

'Back to Kailani, who told you that she was self harming.' Fabiola asked.

'I heard it from Jenna, you know the really buff one'. This was all the girls needed to go on a large investigation that led them on a goose chase around the whole school, which led them to Trent who wasn't of much help, but did tell them the person who told him said 'Lani is a total suicidal nut job who cuts herself. Isn't that hilare' which led them straight to Zoe and Shira. Obviously you his would have been very bad news for Devi, but these girls didn't remember her at all. For once in her life Devi was happy she had zero memorability.

That night Kailani went to Devi's house for a little girls night. They got some Pizza and started watching 13 Reasons Why. Then they realized their mistake and apologized. Kai siad it was okay and explained her whole story to them. Starting from her first suicide attempt to why why she started cutting in the first place.

'-but it's okay because my mom is sending me to this part time rehab thingy and i'm getting the help i need' she finished.

'That's great!!'
'Good for you girl'
'I started the rumor!'

wait what

'I started the rumor. I got mad because you weren't answering my calls when I was feeling really low and told Zoe and Shira but I didn't know it was true'

A tear slipped from Kailani's eyes 'I think I should go'

ੈ✩‧₊˚
The next day at school, Kailani tile Principal Grubbs what happened, and Devi got called to the office. Yes Devi got suspended, but Kailani got outed. Which is worse. Clearly Devi's because she came to Kai asking to convince Principal Grubbs to let her stay. How insensitive. Devi had really Devi'd this one up (original meaning). and she really had to have a huge apology to make it up this time. But for now Kailani was just going to enjoy her remaining friends. The ones that didn't make her life more miserable than it already was.

⇢ ˗ˏˋ and if you betray me, then you took a l ࿐ྂ