"I'm sorry, I heard noises. I just wanted to protect you." I lowered my head, pretending that the floor was more interesting than the woman in front of me.

I felt her hand lift up my chin and my eyes met with hers.

"You don't need to protect me, my love. But your courage doesn't go unnoticed. I didn't know my darling was so brave." Her hand moved to the side of my face, her thumb rubbing my cheek lightly. I smiled at her action.

"Get a room." The older woman groaned, huffing as she spoke.

I laughed quietly as I saw Alexandria roll her eyes before she turned to face her sister.

"You are in my house, don't like it then leave." She walked over to Scarlet, sitting on the opposite side of the island, beckoning me to sit next to her.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I cautiously took my seat opposite this new woman. 

"Well, are you at least going to introduce me." Scarlet smiled mischievously before turning her attention to me. If looks could kill...

Alex hesitated before she responded, "This is Aurora." Her reply was short and quick, as if she wanted to change the subject.

"Hmm. Cute." Her eyes glinted with something I didn't recognise. I averted my gaze elsewhere, her toothy grin was terrifying me. 

"Scarlet." Alex warned. Embarrassingly, her sternness caused me to fidget in my seat. I could feel a blush rise upon my cheeks as I realised her voice was turning me on. Alex definitely noticed as she looked down at me, her hand resting upon my thigh. I couldn't tell if she was trying to comfort me or to send me further into my heat. 

"Fine, fine." The older woman raised her hands in defense, I don't think she had noticed my awkward state.

"Why are you here so early?" Alexandria questioned, her head tilting slightly as her attention remained on her sister but her hand continued to rub my thigh. She was definitely comforting me, which only made me feel even more embarrassed. 

"I'm not that dumb, sister. I know you have work soon so I thought I'd come see you before you left. I didn't think you would have anyone over, especially on a school night." Her tone of voice sounded playful but the smirk on her face said otherwise, she was trying to get a rise out of her.

"Well next time knock, I don't appreciate unwelcome house guests." Alex's tone didn't falter. 

"Of course, sister. Please, accept my apology." I felt out of place, as if I shouldn't hear a conversation between a family. I noticed how formal they were speaking to each other which took me by surprise, were they always like this? No wonder Alex always spoke to me like that...

"You okay, bear?" I was taken out of my thoughts, instantly confused on the pet name that I had been given by the woman I didn't know until five minutes ago. I looked up to see her sister giving me a look that I have seen Alex give me, the type of look that told me to 'be quiet and sit still'. I gulped in realisation that maybe Alex and her sister are all too much alike. 

I felt Alexandria's fingers tighten around my thigh before she spoke, "Scarlet, a word in private." And with that, they had walked into another room. There was a brief silence before I heard foreign speaking, a language that I assumed was Italian. 

I felt my hands sweating, reminding me of the state that I was in. If I was going to survive today, I needed to start off with a fresh start. A shower will do me good.

Making my way to the bathroom, I walked past the room that Alexandria and Scarlet were in. As I turned to shut the bathroom door behind me, I was met with both of their gazes, they both looked as pissed as the other. I quickly shut it and locked it, a deep exhale taking me by surprise as I didn't realise I was holding my breath.