4-5: The Reason (Spider 73)

Start from the beginning

Taboo: [Atone]

D: "Hahaha, calm down, I would hate to see such an entertaining personality taken out before their time."

"Oh, really? Ha-ha bye then."

I toss the phone aside.

Seriously, I don't have the time to deal with this brat.

D: "Spider destruct-"

"So sorry! I will stay and talk and what have you!"

D: "Just a joke lass, but it's so funny seeing you fall for it everytime."

"More like I can't afford not to, what do you even want anyway?"

D: "I am here to congratulate you on your Evolution into a one-of-a-kind Monster."

"Hm? What's so special about what I am now that I am the only one?"

D: "Well, remember how you got [Rot Attack] when you first became an ill omen?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

D: "Notice how that Evolution did not come with natural increase Rot Resistance?"

Taboo: [Atone]

"...Oh. Oh! You are saying that I am the only one to have survived long enough to evolve past that with everyone else accidentally killing themselves?"

D: "Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Bonus fun fact, what you are now is supposed to be an Undead Monster, but seeing as I can't be bothered to reprogram so much of the code to add in Living Undead, I just slapped on the [Immortality] Skill and called it a day."

"...Wow, way to sell your diligence to hiring game companies."

And now I know Undeads are a thing here too, splendid...

D: "Hey come on. Look at it this way, you managed to survive running a suicide build for so long, a grant prize should be at the end of all that no?

[Immortality] fits the theme and doubles as a reasonable reward, don't you think?"

"Well, I suppose that's not bad game design...

But why create such a busted Skill in the first place?

Hell for that matter, if someone gets all the Nullification Skills, they would literally be invincible at zero cost since they are passive Skills!

At least make them consume MP to negate damage or something!

And don't even get me started on [Dragon Scale]!

Seriously,the balancing of this game of yours is utterly wack!"

Taboo: [Atone]

D: "Eh maybe, but it's all part of the plan you see.

How else am I supposed to motivate people to train their Skills for them to produce Soul Energy for the restoration of the planet without dangling such enticing carrots in front of them?

People need a lot of Skill Points to get the [Immortality] Skill, which requires levelling up and the best way to do that is kill other people for the most EXP, hence intrapersonal conflict.

And another thing, it was absolutely hilarious watching people accidentally killing themselves trying to get those Nullification and Stat Boosting Skills in the early days.