Chapter 19-20

Chapter 19

The lively and busy month of September quickly passed, and on the first day of October, Fang Mo received a rare day off.

Normally, according to statutory holidays, there should be seven days off, but as the saying goes, employees have no choice but to follow the boss. If the boss doesn't take time off, she would basically have to work too. If it weren't for Yuan Huaijing voluntarily granting her a day off this time, Fang Mo thought she would have to work overtime for a whole month like last year.

After all, there's a traditional saying that September and October are busy months.

Of course, it was tough. When Fang Mo received the holiday overtime pay of a few thousand yuan last year, she felt that everything was worth it!

But since she had time off, Fang Mo naturally planned to enjoy it. On the first day of her vacation, she woke up at eight o'clock as usual and started with a thorough cleaning, washing what needed to be washed and airing out what needed to be aired. Soon, she stumbled upon the elf mage costume she wore when she attended the cosplay event some time ago.

There were too many accessories on this outfit, definitely not suitable for washing in the washing machine, and she didn't trust leaving it to the dry cleaner. Fang Mo had been keeping it until today and decided to personally wash certain parts. Perhaps this outfit wouldn't have a second chance to be worn, but the memories it held were enough for Fang Mo to keep it.

As she washed, she somehow thought of the things that happened with Yuan Huaijing at the comic convention, especially when she remembered how he applied ointment for two days afterward...

Pfft! Hahaha—

Fang Mo couldn't help but burst into laughter at the thought.

How could someone be so funny!

For the sake of his image, Yuan Huaijing was truly the most dedicated person she had ever seen.

The most crucial part was that he had been playing his role so well. If it weren't for her ability to read minds, she would never have discovered that "President Yuan" had a "childish side" in his heart.

As an onlooker, Fang Mo had actually been quite happy during this period. Although work was as demanding and complex as ever, the jokes and gossip from a certain person elevated her mood by several levels.

You see, deep down, no one really enjoys working. Sure, the boss earns more money, but there's also more suffering. Consoling herself in such a self-deprecating manner made the air feel much fresher.

But it must be nerve-wracking for Senior Yuan to cover for the boss every day, right?

However, these days will come to an end soon, most likely by the end of the year.

Fang Mo and Zhao Yan both knew that the new company was undergoing renovation and would likely be completed by the end of this month. Once the ventilation was in place, they would be able to move in.

Although they hadn't visited the site in person yet, just by looking at the blueprints and videos, they could tell it was a great office space.

And there was an office specifically for Fang Mo, which incorporated her own ideas. She had made some minor modifications in the details, making the future CEO very excited to see the final result.

The thought that this would be her new battleground in the future, where success or failure would be determined, filled Fang Mo with determination.

Her goal was to achieve financial freedom and early retirement before the age of fifteen!