Chapter 7-8

Chapter 7

Although Yuan Yi'an's decision to run away from home was impulsive, the little guy was quite clever.

Not only did he bring money and his ID card, but he also took off his location-tracking watch and other things he had on his hands, hiding them in the bathroom. Otherwise, the adults with access to the tracking information would have found him long ago.

Fortunately, things didn't escalate to the worst-case scenario.

Yuan Yi'an was found in a KFC restaurant. If they had been a moment later, the little guy would have finished his kids' meal and followed the plan to take the bus, then the subway, and head to the airport!

Of course, by that point, it's unlikely that airport staff would have allowed an eight-year-old child to board a flight alone. But who knows what could have happened on the way to the airport?

"Why did you run away from home?"

Yuan Huaijing had a stern face and a serious tone, accompanied by a hint of interrogation. It was quite intimidating.

He was so used to putting on a cold front that even when facing his own relative, Yuan Yi'an, he couldn't switch gears immediately.

But in this situation, what parents should do first and foremost is to check if their child is okay and show concern. If they have any questions, they shouldn't use this tone and attitude.

There were quite a few new servants in the Yuan family villa in recent years. They didn't know much about Yuan Huaijing, but they had heard some gossip about the masters, especially the two Yuan brothers.

However, since Yuan Huaijing rarely visited, the gossip they heard was mostly hearsay without any substantial evidence. At this moment, many of them exchanged discreet glances without uttering a word.

- See? The upper-class families are indeed complicated.
- Yeah, yeah, being so harsh even to a little child. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
- After all, the young master has the right to inherit. Who knows, maybe they actually wanted him to get lost.

Fang Mo's mind-reading ability only worked on Yuan Huaijing, but even without hearing others' thoughts, she understood that his attitude would surely attract criticism.

Despite the fact that Yuan Huaijing was feeling extremely anxious internally at this moment.

[Damn, it seems like he's being too harsh. Can I even manage to force a smile now?]

[Darn it, what if I can't force a smile?]

Sigh...

Fang Mo let out a sigh in her heart. She just realized that the big boss had the potential to be a villain.

Clearly, they weren't bad people, so why couldn't they communicate properly?

Seeing Yuan Yi'an facing the questioning, biting his lip and refusing to cooperate without violence, Fang Mo couldn't help but take a few steps forward. She squatted down in front of the little guy and spoke with a gentle tone, "Yi'an, don't be nervous. Your uncle is also very worried about you. He's just a bit impatient."

"Secretary Fang!" Yuan Huaijing said.

At first, those three words sounded angry, but upon closer listening, they seemed somewhat embarrassed. Of course, Fang Mo wasn't afraid, but she was suddenly grabbed by Yuan Yi'an's hand.

"It's my fault, don't blame Sister Fang!"

Even though his voice trembled slightly, Yuan Yi'an looked directly into Yuan Huaijing's eyes without any hint of evasion.