In that moment, Fang Mo magically discovered that the two uncles and nephew actually had a slight resemblance, especially in their eyes.

Yuan Huaijing was choked up. He wanted to say that he wasn't worried or impatient, but he couldn't utter either of those sentences.

He could laugh and curse freely in front of Zhao Yan, not caring about his image. But in front of Yuan Yi'an, this child, he couldn't let loose.

Wearing a mask for too long, it's actually not that easy to take it off.

Zhao Yan naturally understood Yuan Huaijing's quirks. After thinking for a moment, he took a step forward and took the initiative to defuse the situation, "Yi'an, your uncle won't blame Sister Fang. How about you and Sister Fang go upstairs to rest for a while?"

After saying that, he gave Fang Mo a meaningful look.

He also knew that it wasn't appropriate to have too many people around at this time. Since Yuan Yi'an really liked Fang Mo, why not let the two of them have a good chat?

Anyway, it's better for Yuan Huaijing not to show up for now. He would only ruin the atmosphere.

Yuan Huaijing didn't used to be so awkward, right? Could it be that the pressure has been too great in recent years?

Fang Mo took Yuan Yi'an upstairs and entered his room.

Upon opening the door, she found herself in a standard luxurious children's room. It was spacious and clean, but surprisingly lacked any signs of life.

"Sister Fang, I'm sorry."

Yuan Yi'an stood in front of Fang Mo with a drooping and dejected posture, resembling a drenched little cat with a pitiful look.

He didn't regret running away from home; he just felt sorry for involving Fang Mo.

Seeing how angry his uncle seemed, what if he scolded Sister Fang? What would he do then?

At the thought of Fang Mo being affected because of him, Yuan Yi'an couldn't help but clench his fists, trying hard to hold back the tears that welled up in his eyes.

The butler had said that boys shouldn't cry. He was the eldest son of the Yuan family's generation, and he couldn't show weakness.

"Yi'an, can I call you An'an?"

Fang Mo didn't directly address Yuan Yi'an's apology. Even if she were to say it's okay or it's not his fault, given Yuan Yi'an's current state, he would probably feel even more guilty, right?

Indeed, upon hearing Fang Mo's question, Yuan Yi'an quickly nodded.

"Then, does An'an want some candy?"

Yuan Yi'an looked at the palm of Fang Mo's outstretched hand, which held a candy that was different from yesterday's, with shiny packaging. Remembering the sweetness of the candy from yesterday, he seemed to already smell the fruity aroma.

He cautiously looked up at Fang Mo, pondered for a moment, and then reached out his little hand to take the candy. After unwrapping it, he put it into his mouth.

Hiss...

Yuan Yi'an made a face as the candy turned out to be sour!

He wanted to spit it out, but when he saw the playful look in Fang Mo's eyes, the little guy couldn't bear to do so.

But fortunately, after the extreme sourness, Yuan Yi'an's taste buds quickly detected a hint of sweetness, which then grew more and more pronounced.

"Is it delicious?"