Sweet Dreams

"I'm so excited." The young rabbit told Amy, "I'm so glad we can stay at Rouge's she has so many movies than mom."

"Miss Vanilla is old fashioned, at least she knows how to use a computer." The hedgehog said without looking away from the road, "I know some regulars at the café that don't even bring phones or books." A small yawn came from the pink girl and the rabbit quickly took the opportunity.

"You're tired right now, but you had energy yesterday." Cream leaned towards Amy, "Have you started the dream journal other than your Sonic dream."

"It wasn't‐" Amy nearly shouted but then remembered what she had told Cream and Vanilla the day before, "I actually didn't sleep last night, was tired but couldn't manage to do it."

"I'm sorry Amy," Cream had started, "if there was any way I could help you I would."

"Thank you Cream," The hedgehog pet the young rabbits head then focused on the road, within minutes the two were in front of Rouge's house. Said bat was waiting outside in a rocking chair filing her nails as she rocked back and forth, when she had noticed the two in the car she brightly waved to them.

"Hey gals!" Rouge shouted as Amy was parking the car in her driveway, Amy immediately noticed the lack of a motorcycle and for a reason she couldn't think of she felt a little let down.

"Rouge!" Cream yelled as she jumped out of Amy's car. The young rabbit literally flew at the bat then squeezed her in an embrace, "I haven't seen you since the last sleep over here."

"Yaa it's been a few weeks," Rouge looked to the car then back to Cream, "No Cheese tonight?"

"No, he's home helping mom with taxes."

Both Rouge and Amy waited for a sign that she was joking but when it didn't come Amy chose to change the topic, "Let's get inside, I brought ice-cream." She gestured to the bag she had taken from the backseat of her car.

"Ooh did you get anything with nuts?" Cream asked before looking into the bag.

"Nuts." Rouge rolled her eyes, "You sound like Shadow I am so glad I got the place to myself for another few hours."

"Shdaow likes nuts?" Amy asked with no hesitation.

"Yeah, says he likes the crunch. What's crazy though," Rouge started as she walked the two to the door, "I've seen him eat coffee beans straight."

Amy took a mental note of the coffee beans and preference for crunch, as the three girls enter, "Where are Mr. Shadow and Mr. Omega?" Cream asked.

"Some errand, they left hours ago." Rouge answered, "Shadow wouldn't tell me," she folded her arms then let out a short growl, "I swear he just wants to worry me to death, all the secrets and being out for hours late in the night. Whatever he's doing it's got to be real important to him."

Amy looked down so that the other girls wouldn't see her blush, did Rouge know he was with me last night? Amy shook her head reassuring herself, if Shadow told Rouge it's because he trusts her. She didn't seem to be giving any sign she knew anything other than him being absent. She decided to not say anything unless asked.

"Can I pick the movie we watch Rouge?" Cream started, "I haven't seen a scary movie in while cause Cheese gets to scared at night."

"Can't Cheese punch through badniks?" Amy asked skeptically, "I'm surprised he's scared of anything."

"He still gets nightmares." Cream said simply, it reminded Amy of someone else that was dealing with nightmares. The hedgehog once again had to clear her head of him. She hadn't expected him to be here but his absence became even more noticeable with each thought of him.

~~

The girls were in Rouge's bedroom about to start there movie night, each of the three had picked out a movie to watch and the order would be determined in a test of skill, reflexes, and knowledge of their opponents.

"Rock."
Paper."
"Scissors."

"Shoot!" The three shouted at once each picking a method to destroy the other two.

"Aww darn it all!" Amy shouted being the first loser while Rouge and Cream tied. "Ugh fine mine is out." Amy put her movie back while the rabbit and bat prepared for the final round.

"I won't hold back Cream."
"Do your worst, I won't lose."
"My house, my game, my movie. I got all the home advantages."
"You would need the advantage."
"Okay I was joking at first but now you're going down for real."

"Scissors."
"Paper."
"Rock."

"Shoot!" The intensity of their power filled the room and made the very air thin. Amy watched from behind a pillow so as not to be caught in the line of fire. It was another draw.

"Shoot!" The two shouted creating another release of energy. Once again a draw.

"Paper!"
"It seems we're both fated to lose."
"Scissors!"
"I will not lose, and neither will my movie!"
"Rock!"

"Shoot!" The shockwave shook the ground and blew all three girls back and against the walls of the room, the dust and destruction of the room settled, clearing the way for a single ray of light of victory to shine on the hand of winner. Cream stood bathing in the light gloriously holding her fist in the air, while Rouge laid in the rubble and ashes of defeat.

~The following event had been extremely exaggerated by the mind of Cream~

"Okay you win Cream," Rouge said taking the young rabbits movie in hand after tossing her own back on her bed.

"Yay!" Cream cheered as the three left the room and headed for the living room. Amy was nervous if she were honest with herself, scary movies were fun but if she was already having sleeping issues she'd have to deal with late night thoughts of whatever scary movie the young rabbit had chosen.