Chapter 9: Apology Tour

Summary: Attempts to reconcile are made.

—————

Your eyes opened slowly as you attempted to stretch your limbs, ultimately failing when you realized they were tangled up in someone else's. You felt a tickle against your cheek and pulled back, finding Suguru asleep next to you, his messy hair falling over you both. It was late. You could tell from the way the moon casted a pale glow into your room and the eerie silence of the night outside of your windows. Suguru was holding you tightly to him, like if he let go he'd fall off of the earth. It was cute, but it was also really fucking hot so you wriggled out of his grasp. He sighed almost sadly at the loss of your body against his and you couldn't help but smile seeing the cute furrow of his eyebrows. You took a moment to admire him.

Had he always been so incredibly handsome?

The memories of the activities you took part in with Suguru washed over you and you felt your face heat up furiously as the thought. The thought of Suguru between your legs, tasting you, touching you - being the first person you'd ever done such a thing with. A part of you wondered what it would be like if you ever decided to take the next step with each other one day, your heart pounding hard imagining it.

You would have never thought you'd be here with Suguru. You'd both started the year off hating each other so deeply you couldn't have a conversation without trying to rip the other's throat out. You don't know when your feelings for Suguru changed, but you suspected it was long before you even met Satoru.

You squeezed your eyes shut at the thought of him. Poor Satoru, poor Utahime. You would have to find a way to make it up to them. You could have saved Satoru from heartache by not dating him in the first place or even breaking up with him when you felt your feelings for Suguru begin to grow. You regretted hurting him. Utahime...you had no idea she felt anything more than friendship towards Suguru until the night of the club. Though as you thought back, you figured if you had spent a little less time glaring at Suguru yourself, you would have noticed the soft caresses of her hands on Suguru's arm when she laughed, the way her face turned beet red when you would pass him on your morning runs together (you thought she was just tired), or even the way she always seemed to bring him up in conversation.

Actually thinking back now, it was pretty obvious.

You shook your head, not trying to get into that right now. Right now, you needed a glass of water. Apparently having someone snatch your soul out of you from between your legs resulted in extreme thirst. You climbed out of the bed, careful not to disturb the dark haired man currently occupying your bed and snuck out of your room, grabbing your phone along the way. You roamed down the hall into the kitchen, eyes widening in surprise when you found a familiar head of brown hair tied back with a white bow also in the kitchen.

Utahime was scrolling through her phone when her gaze drifted up to you. You flinched at the way her face contorted in what you could only describe as very poorly disguised disgust.

"Hime–" you began. She held her hand up, stopping you before you could even start.

"I really don't want to talk to you", she snapped.

Always a hothead.

"I know, but please Hime. It's been weeks. I just need to tell you how sorry I am", you pleaded. "I swear it wasn't my intention to hurt you or Satoru. I know you don't want to hear this, but please. Just give me a second. I'll answer any of your questions with complete honesty."

"How long?", she questioned, not wasting any time.

"How long what?"

"How long have you been messing around with Suguru?"