Chapter 1: The Mongol Empire

Jujutsu Tech University - Tokyo Campus

Suguru Geto was the smartest person on campus. Devilishly handsome with his long, dark hair that hung loosely around his shoulders and incredibly charming, he held the highest GPA in the history of the school - a 4.5. He was positive it would be even higher if the school allowed for it. He was the top of his class and at the top of the food chain as far as the stupid popularity contest the morons at this school insisted on following. He guessed it made some sense for him to be on top. Well, he and his best friend Satoru Gojo. Though while Suguru was at the top of the food chain for his amazing brain, charisma and appearance, Satoru was at the top of the food chain for all of the same reasons except he was attainable in a way Suguru was not.

You couldn't get Satoru to commit to an ice cream topping, let alone a woman but that didn't stop them from trying to tie him down. The two of them were approached by men and women alike and Satoru entertained them all. Some with harmless flirting, others with an exchange of phone numbers to meet up later and others with an invitation to come back to the on campus apartment they shared. Suguru on the other hand brushed them all off and into Satoru's open arms happily. He didn't have time for that shit. He couldn't afford to waste time lowering himself to the same level as the morons that roamed mindlessly around the school. He couldn't relate to them. They were not on the same wavelength as him. These morons spent their boring daily lives roaming around campus being mediocre and they were perfectly content. Most of them couldn't recite the periodic table forwards and backwards like he could do in his sleep. They couldn't hold a conversation about Marxism or solve basic algebra equations let alone work through limits, derivatives and integrals. Why would he want to stick his dick in anyone so beneath him? Satoru could have them.

Suguru's long legs carried him across the courtyard towards the History building. He inhaled deeply as the wind blew through his hair, whipping the chocolate tendrils around his face. He was heading to his World History lecture. This class was an easy A for him. History was one of his strongest subjects. Now in his senior year of college, easy classes were just what he needed to keep his beaming GPA right where it belonged - above everyone else's.

Reaching for the door to the building, Suguru was stopped when he heard a small voice speaking to him. He looked down at the petite woman with a bright red face staring up at him through her lashes. Had she been standing by the door this whole time? He hadn't noticed her. "Umm, Suguru?" she mumbled quietly. Her hands came up to fiddle with the braid that hung over her shoulder.

'Oh great' he thought to himself. He absolutely hated being approached like this without Satoru there to run interference. He also hated the stuttering and mumbling these morons did when they tried to talk to him. How did they ever expect to amount to anything or obtain a suitable partner if they couldn't even be bothered to speak clearly and concisely? Suguru watched the girl, losing patience as lecture start time drew closer. He needed to get to his seat to make sure he got a good spot.

"Suguru" she started again. "I-"

"You want to go out with me I'm assuming." He cut her off. She nodded, the blush on her face deepening until she almost resembled a tomato. He almost wanted to laugh. He'd be nice this time.

"What's your GPA?"

"My GPA?" she echoed.

"Yes." Suguru sighed irritably. "What is your GPA? Cumulative and overall?"

The girl continued fidgeting with her braid - a habit he had noticed that irked Suguru already. She clearly lacked confidence in herself. He assumed her GPA reflected so. No confidence, annoying fidgeting, ineffective communication skills. It was a no the moment she approached him.