Chapter 2: What's There to Look At?

Summary: Reader makes an unexpected connection and Suguru just needs to cope.

----

Jujutsu Tech University - Kyoto Campus

One month ago...

Your foot tapped nervously as you sat across from your school advisor. Their eyes scanned across their computer monitor as they reviewed your application to transfer to the Tokyo Campus. You can't see an actual reason why they would deny you this. You were definitely the smartest person on the Kyoto campus and at least you leaving the Kyoto campus gave some other loser with a GPA lower than yours the chance to be on top. You wondered what the Tokyo campus was really like for students. You had only been there once when you tried out for the track team, but your old roommate (and soon to be new roommate) Utahime had transferred there the semester before and loved it. She kept you up to date with all the latest happenings on campus, what the day to day on campus was like, the gossip you didn't truly care about. You only wanted to know if you had anything to worry about as far as your academic standing was concerned.

Utahime had told you about someone who rivaled you academically. She told you she only knew this person was just as smart as you, but they were not very social so she didn't know too much about them.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this transfer?" Your advisor asked you for about the thousandth time. You had to resist rolling your eyes. "You're about to start your last semester. I just don't understand why you'd want to transfer out when you're at the top of your class."

"I'll be totally honest...I'm bored here." You groaned. "I really want to be somewhere where I can challenge myself and grow. I think the Tokyo campus is the best fit for that."

Your advisor simply nodded. "Well, just know you won't be the only student at the top of the class there. There's one other student who is on par with you. Currently, you both have the max GPA the universities allow."

A genuine smile graced your features. "I know and that's not problem. I'm actually excited. Like I said, I need the challenge and I can handle it."

That was before you met the devil himself, Suguru Geto...

Jujutsu Tech University - Tokyo Campus

Call it dumb luck that you actually happened to stumble over to the correct building for debate team practice. With the entrance doors just ahead, you peered over your shoulder and saw that freakishly tall praying mantis of a man following behind you. You rolled your eyes, assuming he was pissed and wanted to pick back up on your argument from a few moments earlier. Idiot. You slowed your steps so he could close the gap between you two just a bit.

"Hey, stupid!" He called out to you. You didn't reply. This pea brained idiot didn't even realize the irony in calling you stupid when you were positive you were smarter than him on his best day. God, you hated him so much already. "I know you hear me!" He yelled across the courtyard. Ignoring the stares and snickers you were receiving from other students, you reached the door of the building finally and swung it open. You turned to face the long haired bastard behind you and stuck your tongue out at him. As he made his way for the door and reached forward, you pulled the handle back, slamming the door in his face.

Suguru blinked, arm still extended in front of him. Through the windows he watched your form retreating down the hall towards the debate meeting room. Were you fucking five? He pulled the door open harshly and stomped after you. His eyes remained fixed on you, staring holes through your head. God, he had never wanted to smack the shit out of anyone before - let alone a woman, but you were quickly becoming the exception. He ignored the feeling of his pants tightening at the intrusive thought of you laid across his lap and him slamming his palm against your ass. Where the hell did that come from? Ugh, god! How did you piss him off so much in such a short amount of time?